1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Does anyone else find Heavy Rain incredibly boring??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tele1952, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Tele1952

Tele1952 What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

I was quite a fan of Farenheit when it came out, rather fresh. However Heavy Rain, it's just, well, very tedious and boring.

I really do not want to have the option of taking a piss or washing my hands!!! (Gazing into the distance or having a drink!!) I could be doing all those things in real life aaah! That really made me feel sad, strange and uncomfortable.

Who in their right mind wants to renact daily chores in a game cus I bloody well don't! Doing all those unnecessary events makes me annoyed and uninterested in the plot.

I'm not a big fan of RPG's hence the hatred for doing pointless tasks. Does anyone share my views?

Many thanks

Timmy

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i actually really enjoyed it, hammering my way through it again, going to see if i can get everyone killed

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

4. Tele1952

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I will say that, post-review, my opinion has certainly mellowed a little bit...

7. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I loved Heavy Rain. My wife kept looking at it as I played and eventually took over and played it her self. My wife is no gamer and generally not interested, she keeps trying to stop me from playing games. With this one she was actually telling me to play it so she can watch and find out what happened. I wanted to go to bed and she forced me to keep playing through the night lol.

She did all the investigation stuff and walking around while I did all the fast quick time events because she gets confused with the buttons.

I enjoed it because it was different and a fresh change to my 1st person shooters, platformers, racers etc.

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I actually did the same thing to my flatmates last year with Fallout 3. I have now seen virtually everything in that game despite having never played it past level 4 - I just shoulder-watched all of it. It was interesting enough to watch like TV. Mark of a good an intelligent game.

10. Tele1952

Well sure mikeuk it's fresh but was it really necessary for us to change a baby's nappy, honestly?!

Doing it in real life is bad enough but in a game, that's just taking it to whole new level of decadence...