1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Double your frame rates in Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by waitandbleed, 30 Oct 2005.

1. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

I went from resolution of 640x400 with low settings on everything to 800x600 resolutiong with all high settings and I stay at a constent 60 fps!!! No joke!!! When I go into big battles I still get about 60 and it might drop down to 50 but nothing below! Where before it use to go to 1 or 2 fps. I have a GeForce Mx440 so don't say my card is good. lol.

1) Go there GLIDE3-to-OpenGL-Wrapper and download the lastest version, 1.3b.

2) Copy glide3x.dll to the Diablo 2 directory (C:\Program Files\Diablo 2) and copy the file (glide3x.dll) to the Windows System Directory (C:\WINDOWS\System)

3) Then use the gl32oglinit.exe to configure the settings for the wrapper.

4) Run the Video Test with in the Diablo 2 Directory and select the wrapper mode.

5) Enjoy!

*NOTE* I take no credit for this. This is only intended for Diablo 2!! This also doesn't work with X-Fire in game. Though people have said altering the xfire_games.ini file makes it work. Replace this line InGameRenderer=DDRAW to this: InGameRenderer=OGL and see for yourself. (THIS IS FOR XFIRE PEOPLE ONLY) Then restart Diablo II and try again. Have fun!!

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Mate, I'm sure all the Diablo 2 players will apreciate the advice, but caps titles aren't neccesary, people will take a look at your thread anyway :)

3. waitandbleed

Oops. Sorry I was just so excited. My crap card is actually put to good use! lol Thanks.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ah, seems a mods edited it. It sounds like a great tip though, so nice one sah :D

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

do people still play Diablo 2?

Isn't 3 out soon?

6. waitandbleed

lol a lot of people still play d2. uhm its just rumors about d3. my guess is next year.

7. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

It's blizzard....I'm thinking 2009

8. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

think about what your saying, "i can run a game with basic shadows lights, in 800X600" thats not odd considering most games run defualt in 800X600 with more bling than that.

9. waitandbleed

have you played diablo 2 before?

Tags: