1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory DRAM prices to continue rising

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 13 Feb 2018.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

If I could trick a motherboard and cpu by some convincing sharpie marking, changing the 3 to a 4 on my RAM I'd be laughing.

Guess I'll just stick with my not totally secure setup and save spending on a newer not totally secure setup just yet.

That said, for giggles I did geekbench 4 and got 4089 single core for my 3770 so it ain't all that bad. MC ain't that great but still, ok for gaming.

MLyons and Guest-44432 like this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You've just gave me an idea for a social media post.
    Can't argue with that logic.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

What ever happened to our Geekbench benchmark thread we did back in 2013?

EDIT: Found it. :)

Geekbench 4 on single core at 4.4Ghz 5111, 15041 four threads. (4670K)

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Feb 2018
  4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

That mainly applies to Intel, however as Ryzen only (afaik) supports DDR4 and the faster the better some people have little choice. :(

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yeah, I've read some interesting results how Ryzen seems to scale better with faster Memory, but isn't it a bit like sourcing a golden sample Ryzen to run 4GHz DDR4? Hopefully the Zen+ will make me want to upgrade. :)

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engl...-boom-nand-flashes-will-continue-4-more-years

It's in English-as-a-second language, and Business Korea is like RT/Global Times on the scale of rooting for the home country, but you get the idea.
    This report is opposite to everything I've read recently as well. So seems everyone has different ideas.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Out of interest, which companies are the main NAND flash suppliers?

Crucial? Micron? Kingston?

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Samsung, Toshiba, WD [Sandisk], Micron [Crucial], SK Hynix, Intel

Sauce

wyx087 likes this.
  9. adidan

Contrary to unpopular opinion Nandos aren't.

* grabs coat *
    * grabs your coat while I'm at it as I'm a filthy little tea leaf *

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

All we can hope for now is that prices go down and not stay where they are ('cause you know? greed..).

Last night I ate a Mars Bar, and noticed it was so small it was now smaller than a Milky Way. And the Picnic had been on a diet too. Seriously, I feel awfully greedy eating two bars of chocolate but they're friggin so small now.

In the USA prices do go up and down. Like gas (petrol) for example. Here in Greedyland however we are constantly being told why things are going to cost more for a while only to find that they then become permanent prices (like gas or petrol for example).

12. RedFlames

FWIW, some of the shrinkage in mars bars and similar is due to HMG's current stonk on for 'ban/tax all the sugar!'.

13. adidan

And I just thought it was my hands getting fatter that made them look smaller. Phew.

IanW, Corky42 and MLyons like this.
  14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Petrol is a terrible example as the price actually does fluctuate (even if the general direction of travel is upwards). Somehow thinking that the UK is massively different from the US when it comes to price inflation is just silly.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It is different. I saw gas go from $2 a gallon up to nearly $4 in a year. That was 10 years ago. I go look at it now, and.

[​IMG]

Where is that same 50% drop over here? And then how come it's "only" gone up 20 cents a gallon in a decade?

Edit. And yes, I am aware the price of oil fluctuates. However, in the USA when it drops massively so do the prices of petrol. Have you EVER seen that happen here? because I haven't.

We're already over paying for Brexit even though it hasn't even happened. Inflation my arse, it's all pure greed and tuck ups.

16. RedFlames

Again, UK govt policy is/was behind that one.