1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA announced Command & Conquer 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

EA will never put the effort in to balance a game properly, else why would people buy the next game (CnC MP is getting worse every game)? *rant*

3. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I never bought RA3 because the last C&C was pretty poor in the multiplayer department. Sync issues / problems setting up games / balance issues etc. (A friend did but recommended I stear clear for the same reasons!)

So I went off to play a decent RTS game instead (Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.... vastly more complex, but rewarding nethertheless).

Oh.... and I hate how C&C games are zoomed in to like 2" from the ground with practically no zoom out.

So unless the above has changed... Im not buying, even if it does have the usual hotties !

4. PT88

PT88 What's a Dremel?

It all went downhill after Red Alert 2.....

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Agreed.

While I enjoyed C&C3 quite a bit at the time, it's got no replay value whatsoever. Red Alert 3... I caved in and bought, despite the DRM (well, once EA released their deactivation program) I will NEVER do that EVER AGAIN. It was appalling.

EA, you can't make a game good by putting scantily clad women in it - it doesn't matter how pretty you make it, a steaming pile of crap is still a steaming pile of crap. EA killed one of my favourite series. :(

Last edited: 9 Jul 2009
  6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, CNC3 wasn't THAT bad, RA2 is still my most recent favourate CnC game.

RA3, Generals are both pile of crap. it's a shame RA3 turned out to be so bad, i was really looking forward to it.

7. kondichael

kondichael What's a Dremel?

:S I only want Generals 2.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

No, C&C3 wasn't that bad. As I said, I enjoyed it at the time. I've replayed it a couple of times, and while it's quite addictive the first time through, I found myself bored in the replays, except on some very specific levels.

Generals was terrible, but apparently Zero Hour improved it. Red Alert 3... words fail me. I can't stand EA... for that one 'game'.

9. PT88

PT88 What's a Dremel?

RA3 was a pure waste of 30 quid

CNC3 was ok, but it had serious balance issues, and because of that there where a stupid number of patches needed, with 2 or 3 being 200meg+

But i still loved it for Mammoth tanks with rail guns!!!!

10. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

11. CommandandConquer

CommandandConquer What's a Dremel?

Generals was the best, best balance, most fun game to play, just disappointing campaign but by far head and shoulders above the rest in online play.

This could be good, just as long as its not got the same poor balance and game play of everything since generals :p

Hopefully they will release a beta!

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yes, CnC3 is just about acceptable. but with the aliens and different focus of power, it's very hard to balance without resorting to Supreme Commander's way of balancing.

Zero hours is what Generals should have been like. i remember watching gameplay videos way before its released and there are choosing your generals to gain special powers. for some reason, they dropped it in the game.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

C&C 3 and RA3 were both awesome games, and the DRM in RA3 is more forgiving than people give credit. C&C 4 is not the next C&C i was looking forward to, Generals 2 would be next in my opinion, but, i'm not making the games, so it's not upto me. Oh, and some sort of announcment is due from EA anyway, according to this message:

Sam

14. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

I Liked Red Alert / Red alert 2 : Better then C&C the First
    But I Found tiberium sun the hardest so far in all Series Specially with Firestorm

C&C 3 is After firestorm that people think Khaine was dead : khaine wrath was so Great Sequel making game pretty Sick
    I can't wait C&C 4 to see the story : I played all C&C : general was just a spin-off not related by any mean to C&C universe

C&C universe is all readable on Wikipedia / findable on youtube / buyable trough C&C first Decade :)
    In Khaine wrath we are leaved with a huge mystery in the end : waiting to know what the mystery is :)

15. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

16. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

I thought C&C3 was not too bad, but I did feel that there were too many models in RA3 whcih made it feel a bit cheap and that they were trying to to use that as a selling point to hide the bad game.

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Haven't played any C&C since Tiberian Sun. Still remember having awesome nights playing Red Alert over LAN. Good ol' memories... :sigh:

18. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i would still be playing RA2 multiplayer if it worked over tcp

19. Xir

Xir Modder

I liked C&C3 sp but not mp.
    And RA3 never really...errr worked? Huge lags even in sp :(

20. dancon3105

dancon3105 What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags