1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA wants suggestions for C&C 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 May 2011.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Well they've done with the Tiberium story line, so C&C5 will be different anyway.

Generals 2 is a very good idea. My thoughts would be to do something most RTS titles have shied away from for too long: epic base building. I want to be able to turtle damnit! It <i>should</i> take an hour to play through a multiplayer game and come down to one, single, enourmous epic battle at the very end involving 3,000 tanks and an attack dog.

FEAR THE ATTACK DOG!

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Uh, EA, don't you realise you've killed the franchise? Best to let a dying dog lie.

3. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

Generals 2
    +1

No mobile bases or unit limits. Simple "collect money and spend!"

Oh and we need the guy that did the voice of the Overlord Tanks ;)

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

My suggestion is simple;

Don't.

5. Hawkest

Hawkest I got some 4GB new RAM

second this, come up with a new concept all together!!!!

although my dad would probably buy anything they throw out with red alert or C&C on it!!!

6. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Generals was by far my favourite.
    I am up for Generals 2

7. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I would love to see a steampunk-ish C&C game but perhaps that's just my longing to play the next Bioshock game.

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

just remake red-alert 2 on a new engine....thats it, keep all the units, balencing and everything else the same. Just a graphical overhaul.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

generals was made by westwood before ea bought them up.. it was a great game- then ea bought them up before some game breaking patches were released and left the game to die (with the multiplayer bugs unfixed)

that's what I don't like about ea.. their service after the game sale.. least it was horrible, they've gotten better

I still see them as a console gamers wet dream.. madden was about the only thing, and now that I remember playing in a sony playstation tournament way back at a hotel

the guy who won it would always go on 4th down and he was a master at forcing pass interference with the hail marry =E the game was fun but it blew for gauging any kind of skills.. their games are full of buttsecks now too- that should give you a hint at what kind of devs are running ea

bet they do cartwheels into the office and you better not take a nap, wear a tight belt

10. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I will probably be punished because of this opinion but I liked C&C3. C&C4 tried to be something new and fresh and it was all that, but not in a good way.

So my advice: Look back and play older C&C games, make notes, play some more and ask fans what was good about the older games. After that follow what you have learned and IF possible, improve it. But don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

11. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

Good thing Bit-tech archived the old CPC site.

No comments though. As I said at the time, it was a disapoointing move, especially as Dune is probably my favourite sci-fi franchise.

That was 4 years ago. I'm hoping they've changed their mind as I still play Emperor, so long as the constant on-line requirement is dropped and they go back to the old gameplay mechanics - as someone who loves the C&C franchise 4 was abysmal. If anything like it is released again, I won't be buying it.

12. Xir

Xir Modder

No, that's an integral part of C&C. It wouldn't be the same without the cheesy cutscenes :naughty:

At the time "Generals" wasn't too well received, funny people now like it so much.
    I actually like the last Red Alert, not so the last C&C4, but C&C3 was okay for me.

Start over, back to the roots. C&C1 with new graphics...and LAN support that works. ;)

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

back in the day i was a huge fan of c&c. got the first decade pack and spent years on it ( still do on the occasion ) everything after that just sucked big time... overall my fav was red alert 2 ( with yr ) so naturally id love to see another with better graphics and an overhaulled ai.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This +1 easily.

15. kondichael

kondichael What's a Dremel?

EA Dont make C&C5, make Generals 2, and dont ****ing ruin it!

Or ZH remake, with new engine and graphics.

16. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

+1 for a Generals 2.

17. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Wow, bit-tech. Way to post a news story about a poll only to not actually link to the original thread, but instead pimp your own forums instead in place of what looks like it might be the source. If you're going to report on stuff, provide sources that are accessible to your users, thanks.

Tags: Add Tags