1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear Piercing: Weaving?

Discussion in 'General' started by [Tom], 22 Mar 2005.

1. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

I happened to come across this piercing on BME and was trying to find a name for it. I looked on Body Jewellery Shop and it comes up as a Weaving. Problem is- I have never seen one in the flesh, and cannot find any jewellery online.
    Does this mean it is unlikely I will be able to get it done, especially in this country? In terms of looking for the jewellery I have tried BJS as mentioned, Wildcat.co.uk and done a google search to no avial.​
    Does anyone have any opinions?

2. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

That just looks like 4 piercings in the ear with some doo-dad put through it
    You could Probably go to a Piercing clinic or whatever you call them get 4 piercings
    and when they heal get the doo-dad put through
    P.S getting 4 piersings through the cartilage at once hurts alot :D

3. Mombassaa

Mombassaa What's a Dremel?

ive seen this once, looks pretty cool!

i would think they just messure the distance between each twirl of the jewlley, and then put a whole in ur ear (4 times ) and then rotate the thing threw ur ear!

if you get it done, ur brave!!!

4. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

OMG, that looks cool...me wants :D

Hmm, at £24 a piercing though...

- M@

5. dharma punk

dharma punk What's a Dremel?

I've seen them a few times and considered getting one in my eyebrow a while back. They seemed to be a bit more popular 6 or 8 years ago than they are now. The jewelry is called a spiral or a twirl. They seem to be a bit of a PITA to get hold of these days, I found nothing on Google that matched what I have seen. You will probably have to get one special ordered from a local shop.

Milkshake has the right idea with getting each piercing done separately and then installing the spiral after they heal. You could put the spiral in immediately, but I think that would just cause more complications.

6. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

£24 a piercing :jawdrop: thats a rip, i got all 4 of mine done for a tenner :D

7. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

if you wanted something like this you need to make sure the piercings line up exactly with the jewlery other wise it gets uncomfortable after a while, Or you can use felxable PTFE jewlery

I've had an orbital (2 piercings with 1 ring) that wasn't exactly measured an it was ok but it was in the lobe of my ear so fairly flexable, and I occasionally where an industrial (long bar through the top of my ear in two places) [​IMG] Old pic!! and thats fine for a day with a steel bar but I can't sleep with it in (unless I've been drinking and I forget) and it can get uncomfortable, I've got a ptfe bar too and that's fine for days on end as it's now cured it fit my holes perfectly

All my ear piercings were done with a gun by a dodgy guy in canterbury indoor market for at most £3 a pop but if I was doing it again I'd pay the £20 odd it cost in a reputable place. Had my belly done in cold steel in camden and I'd reccommend them to anyone cos £30 ish but I've never had a problem and it was very clean and proffesional looking

8. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

before following tom's link i actually thought he was describing two orbitals criss-crossing. i find orbitals on a girl ridiculously sexy myself :baby:

[​IMG]

if i were to get an ear piercing, this is probably the type of thing i'd go for. don't really fancy getting my lobes done. then again, there are better parts of my body to skewer than my ear...

as far as the spiral thing goes, i assume a really decent place could sort you out with some custom jewellery, and thread it through as they pierce. it's not like cartiledge is prone to massive swelling so i can't really see a problem with it. i shouldn't expect it to be too cheap though :sigh:

edit: /me awaits teh n*

9. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

MilkShake's piercings rawked :D His parents made him take them out though :eek:

10. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

hmm that reminds me i need to get them done again... Parents found 'em and took them out :waah: they were my pride and joy. :D

11. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

"found" them? where exactly did you get pierced? especially with one of them bloody gun things, i wouldnt let them near my lobes even!

edit: my bad, got confused between MilkShake and Sp!'s posts. £10 for 4 though, done by a mate or a gun i'm guessing right?

12. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

By a Gun In a Hippy shop :D

They didnt realize them at first cos i got them in my ear and I have long hair :p then they realized :waah:

13. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

like what's been mentioned, if you don't have that jewelry in it initially, then the piercing(s) may not heal correctly and it may hurt to wear the weaving jewelry. my opinion: take the picture of the weaving into your piercer and ask them about it. see if they could custom bend you a long barbell (like the ones on people's industrials) to get the same effect. or, maybe the piercer has some way where they could order it for you.

just my $0.02 (which sir penski may later decide to completely rape/correct :D )

14. penski

penski BodMod

Dances with Unicorns?

:p

Don't let anyone near you with a gun.

There are two schools of thought on multi-point cart piercings:

1, get them all done in one sitting with the jewelery you intend on wearing.

2, get them done and healed with rings (or curved barbells, depending on location) then have the jewelery inserted once healed.

Personally, I would have each piercing done seperately and make sure it was well-healed (12 months plus) then have a piece of custom jewelery that will fit the holes exactly inserted.

*n

15. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

This is where I do some ass kissing to Paypal- due to them recovering an ebay purchase gone sour (to the tune of £70). I now have the money lying around- didn't expect to see it again so it qualifies as disposable (being 17 means no overheads :D).

Thanks for the help so far guys. Problem is, I can't very easily pop in to the piercing studio as I am in Guildford and it is in Croydon. I went there for my eyebrow (RIP- rejection after it being grabbed in a fight a few weeks ago....took it out this morning) and I must say, I was very impressed. Also means I have an excuse to meet up with Bit's very own MadModder.

I will give the London Piercing Clinic a call though and ask their opinion. If they can't/won't do it, I will probably just get some seperate body spirals done on the helix. Just a shame there is nowhere nearer that is trustworthy. The place in Guildford gave my friend a tragus piercing with a gun(!), took 3 attempts to get it straight and then told her to heal it with a normal lobe stud with back removed. Never going there!

Last edited: 23 Mar 2005
  16. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

how the hell did you know that? :p
    You are exactly right :jawdrop:

17. penski

penski BodMod

I know everything...

When/if you're old enough, go somewhere decent and you won't run the risk of losing your ear.

*n

18. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Dude that's why I plan to trek it to Croydon- I am not having just anyone putting needles in me. I am also old enough for anything but nipple and genital piercings. Any other info about this particular piercing?

<Edit> Sorry if that reads as a bit disgruntled/rude, I'm not in the best of moods tonight.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2005
  19. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Let's say penski is a local to Newcastle way :D Had mine done there months ago, no problems as of yet :)

20. dom_

dom_ --->

please please please tell me its not bodyworks in croydon.

worst butchers i have had the miss-pleasure of meeting, twice :blah:

if your in guildford ask penski who he reccomends in london area :D as its easy to hope to waterloo from guildford town station.
    the london piercing clinic used to be good from what i heard but that was years and years ago