1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Edited

Discussion in 'General' started by my58vw, 22 Jun 2004.

1. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

:( That looks really bad. It's so sad to think of someone losing their life in that way.

Just as an aside - look at the second picture. The way that the car's split in two, it's possible (although not that likely) that the driver actually survived the crash, as even though the roof has been taken clean off the safety cell is still intact for the most part.

Still seems unlikely though, as probably just the pure force of the collision would have killed him or her.

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Wow some of these pictures are horible... ahhh!

More Avalable? Thank You all for providing some content for my site...

3. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

keep clicking the next button on the orsm site cos there's about 30 of them.

4. henson0115

henson0115 Banned

did you get permission for them piccys? lol not realy xen hows it going mate, aint spoke to you in a long time hope your site goes well and what about the other site you was doing how is that? i bet you are well busy lol :D

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Yes I am. I will do everything that I can to get permission from the site owners to use the photos and use links to go back to the source. I decided to use voidedwarrenty as a peice of this site so it still will be one site to use then we will see. I do not need to many pictures, one of so should do the job. :D

6. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I hope this thread dosn't evolve to a thread full with pictures of dirty crashes.. first without the victims...later... the mods will close it, LOL

/offtopic

but indeed if we would all drive big ass fuel wasting-hummers, then there wouldn't be such a problem of burnout-junkies and dangerous drivers as the car will do a 0-60miles/100kmph in around 30 seconds :rock: , now THATS safe ! And by the time u hit 100miles per hour, you will need to slow down and look for a gasstation :hehe:

I aswell think its sad to see people end their life in an accident like that.

Saddest of all, are the poor wanna-be-ricers with their vw golf 's, pimped out to the limit , with more money spend on the stereo then on... well anything. And then see them go out the turn and hit a wall/tree/pole and die. And if they had more money and bought a better car, they would probably not have flown out of the turn...

Or the same cars crashing because the brake's don't work well enough. Or because the car is just too small and ends up in a little cube...

People just don't get just how BAD their car drives... any car for that mather, they expect way too much from their car.

the only car I drive with is my dads 12 year old Mercedes (Comparable to a C-class for size wise). with a 1.9Classic Diesel.

Well the car handles nice and moves well, and steers very very short (mercedes :rock: ) But I know I don't have to try a 90° turn at 90kmph. The car just can't take it.. And I know its not good to take off like a nut at the stoplights either...

but offcours I'll sometimes drive a bit faster when I know the road like my hand, and their is literally NOBODY on the road (it dosn't really happen alot.. but those few times are fun!) Then I will offcours go a bit faster and take the turns at the cars fastest. thats just clean fun. but I always want to make sure it is ME who is driving the car.. so the car goes where I want it to go ! so no funny stuff in the rain or stuff like that.

People just don't get how much worse their car drives in rain..

L

oh
    and ffs keep your distance on the highways!! why do people insist on driving so close they can't even see the license plate of the car ahead??

I can't understand WHY they have to drive soo close... I mean.. its the Highway!! all the room you want... why do you have to act like a jackass and drive 5 meters apart when going 120kmph ??? thats just ASKING to crash! Leave ROOM between your car and the car ahead...

pefect weather: Leave 40m. Rain.. leave 120m ! U never know when the driver ahead gets a funny idea and goes to a full break.

Just letting of some steam :hip:
    L

(sorry just a little steam coming out... no biggy)

:edit:
    P.S. IF the driver of the audi survived, then he is going to be soo glad that his radio survived aswell !!!

::edit:: link removed..

:edit2:
    oh it didn't :hehe:

::edit:: link removed..
    L

Last edited: 25 Jun 2004
  7. Erasmus

Erasmus What's a Dremel?

Cheers on the fact that you're going to be making a site that should hopefully enlighten young drivers to not do so many stupid things. Of course, many of them will still decide that it's safe to drag race down a residential street, or whatever. :wallbash:

I once talked to a person that decided he would buy a really big car (I think it was a Ford Excursion), and he told everyone it was for "protection," an obvious lie. Oddly enough, the same guy that said he was buying a big car to protect his family, decided to drive while under the influence and wrecked a city block after repeatedly hitting different obstacles. :duh: :eeek:

8. xen0morph

Small cars are safe as long as you drive safely.

Crash protection isn't down to the size of the car - it's down to the design.

The only thing a big solid car will do is transfer all the shock of the crash to the driver. I think I'd rather have a car where the front end is DESIGNED to crumple in a 30mph crash, because then I know it'll be the car that crumples, and hopefully not me.

9. Erasmus

Erasmus What's a Dremel?

Aren't Volvos the safest overall car manufacturer in the world?

10. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

sorry i should have been more specific, i dont exceed the speed limit i only accellerate fast and take corners faster than normal, and i only do burnouts when its on grass or gravel, and most of that is on private property, my mates parents own a 15 acre block of land which has a plan nursery on it, we drive the trucks, vans, cars, tractors and even the motorbikes around there.

11. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

for those of us with full roll cages, and that race on closed streets at shows, it's irritating to see **** like that...

though i know if i hit a tree at 100+ in my civic, i'd walk away from it...

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

That is so true... but I would like to see any car hit a tree dead on and survive at 100...

13. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I've never understood the need of people to "Burnout" or "Wheelspin" as it is called here, wooo the wheels move but the road doesnt.... *Amazing!*

my58vw, good idea, go fer it!

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Because it is showy! Asfar as I know it goes back to the hotrod days but I am not expert. Should look that up on google... :D

15. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

the burnout is used in drag racing to get the tyres hot and sticky to give a better grip off the line. If you ever get the chance to walk across the staging area at Santa Pod it is thick with rubber laid down by the cars to get better traction of the line.

A good racer will spin the wheels right up to the first staging area so the tyres are hot and sticky but don't pick up any rubbish in the tyres.

{edit} this still leaves me with no idea at all as to why Saxo's have to do it in car parks :eyebrow: {/edit}

16. xen0morph

Apart from anything else, spinning the wheels farks up your transmission.

Especially an auto trans. I've stopped doing it now because a) it's stupid and b) a new clutch is like £600 for my auto box...

17. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

clutch on an auto???

you must mean something internal to the gear box right?

18. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Torque converter?

19. xen0morph

Not exactly, it's a magnetic powder clutch (CVT transmission). Basically the higher the current going to the electromagnet, the more the powder inside the clutch sticks together, and the more the engine is coupled to the transmission.

It's bloody expensive to replace though. ;)

20. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i thaught auto trans had a centrofugal clutch. the faster the drive shaft the more the clucth sticks.

Tags: