1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Eheim 1250 still viable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jodah175, 14 Feb 2010.

1. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

So, years ago, when i had a socket a :)jawdrop:) system, i had bought a relatively cheap wc setup. it included a 1x120mm heater core, a shroud/fan, swiftech wb (now useless to me) and an eheim 1250 wp. this sucker is massive compared to the new stuff. my question is, should i even try to utilize it in a mid-tower project im working on? or just sell it?:wallbash:

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

What the specs on it?

Age doesn't matter so long as head and flow are acceptable.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you have room for it I see no reason to bin it.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Very very quiet but doesn't have a very high head pressure, somewhere in the region of 2m iirc.

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

And needs AC power and a relay setup, right?

6. Combatus

Indeed it does, although I just ran mine of a 4 way surge protector and turned it on off each time :sigh:

7. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

yeah, something like 1200l/hr (317g/hr according to their website) and it is extremely quiet, and yes, it does need AC power. but, i like to let my wc systems run for a few minutes after shut down anywho.

but, unless i do some full tower build, im never gonna have the room for it.

Although, i have been wanting to start a saltwater aquarium one of these days. may just keep it and use it for that instead of trying to use it in a mod.

Edit: just found the specs:

Eheim 1250 Universal Pump:

* Pump Output: 317 gph
    * Delivery Head: 6`7"
    * Power Consumption: 28 W (115V)
    * Hose Connection (Suction Side): 3/4"
    * Hose Connection (Pressure Side): 1/2"
    * Dimensions: 7.1" x 3.8" x 4.7"
    * Weight: 3.5 lbs

Last edited: 14 Feb 2010
  8. Combatus

Yeah about 2m head then. I used to do exactly that with my 1250 - leave it on for a few mins after the PC shut down. My Enermax PSU does that for me now :D. The 1250 is a huge waste of space in most situations these days. D5s and DDCs are smaller, more powerful and mounted properly, are nearly as quiet too.

9. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

yeah, when i do finally get the money (and the time) i plan on doing a scratch built case (some people on here may remember my failed first attempt from almost 2 years ago called project: ?)

i will be using the same overall design, slightly tweaked and enlarged. and i really wanted to use the 1250, but its just too damned big for the scratch build. soooo, a mcp350 or 650 will be the new pump of choice. probably the 350 as its very small. and i hardly OC my computers anymore.