1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP / Vita Final Fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by arthurHK, 11 Jul 2010.

1. arthurHK

arthurHK What's a Dremel?

Have anyone played Final Fantasy VII?
    I mean the 1997 original version in PlayStation but not the Crisis Core.
    I have played it and I think it is a classic game.
    Is this game famous in UK??
    Because it is really famous in HK or Asia.

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hell yeah man, it's often cited as one of the best rpg's ever made. Personally it's one of my favourite games ever. I think that holds true all over the world to be honest, there isnt many gamers out there who haven't heard of the final fantasy series, and dont remember 7 with some degree of affection. Usually over summer I dig out my old copy for the PC and play it start to finish in one setting.

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I can reluctantly say I never finished the game. I had invested something like 50 hours and only finished the 1st of 3 disks on my ps1. I was getting excited when I finally found my way through the first disk but shortly after my ps1 took a poop on me and my brother decided to sell off the memory card and games. All my hard work was gone. I did have it for pc also but I just couldn't play with a keyboard, and I refused to start over.

It was an amazingly interesting story and I was really into it. Well worth the time investment. The old school graphics make it even more nastalgic.

4. arthurHK

arthurHK What's a Dremel?

HAHA~~it is a great game.
    I kije the touching background music most

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ff tactics was my favorite.. tactics advanced for gameboy wasn't too good- but it's a gameboy

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

FFVII is amazingly famous in the US. As has been said before, often cited as the best RPG ever.

Not my favorite, though. That would have to be either FFIV or FFVIII. I quite enjoyed the story of both and each was a fantastic game. The character development seemed far greater, especially in IV as you progress from Dark Knight to Paladin. Everyone felt like they had much more depth than in any other game. My only complaint about each, and about VII, is the lack of choosing jobs for each character. To me, being a true RPG requries the ability to roughly make your own fate and choose your own path, as such when it comes to being the best true RPG I'd probably vote for III. I liked the job system and the story wasn't half bad. Interesting perspective at the end when the world needs to have a balance of both light and dark.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

For a long time, FFVII was my favourite game of all time - then I realised just how poorly it's aged. It wasn't as timeless as I first thought.

The crown has now been passed to Grim Fandango. :thumb:

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I preffered FFIX but consider FFX my favourite.

/Curveball

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

One of my all time favourite games. Damn I spent every spare minute playing that game in my youth....how time files.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Funny you should mention it, I just bought a PSP and am playing FFVII on it now. It's even more wonderful than I remember, I'm appreciating the artistic detail and creative choices in a way I was unable to when I first played it during my childhood.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I traded it for Metroid Zero on the GBA and Super Mario World (which I didn't have anymore)

I tried trading it for MegaMan X but the value just isn't the same

Final Fantasy games are reserved for its own fans. I, personally, get bored in a matter of minutes. I can still see the epicness of it though ;)

12. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Ahhh I wasted the best part of secondary school on Final Fantasy VII. And everything since. Apart from 9 (I just ended up glazing over it until I revisited it's awesomeness) and XII which I own and still don't intend playing.

13. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

Loved it. Got it on pre-order for the PS1 and spent around 300 hours on the first time through just to make sure I didn't miss a thing.

I now have it for my CFW PSP, my OFW PSP, my PC(with unofficial mods) and now the PS3.

You know......... I just can't help getting every last ounce out of each time I play it. Even after I tell myself to just follow the story and get on with life.

I hear what everyone is saying about their favourites though. It is without a doubt FF VII that made us all love the series here in the UK...........but they're all emotional roller coaster rides that we love even more with each new instalment.

Classics. ^_^

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

You've got it all wrong, it was FFVII that made that the best part of secondary school :)

I'm finally past Barrett's emo backstory, which I found as uninteresting this time as I did last time.

(Summary for the uninitiated:
    Evil corporation men burned down his village. He hates the evil corporation now.
    )

Fiyero likes this.
  15. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I've started playing through it again on my PC, there's a multitude of mods out there to a.) make it run on modern computers and make it run at the correct speed and b.) make it look absolutely gorgeous again (most of the battle sprites have been remade from scratch in high-poly and the silly block hands/bodies have been remade, looks ace. Also there's an OpenGL renderer that can be swapped in over DirectX which improves compatibility).

16. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Touché!! That is indeed a fine point haha. Certainly helped me get through!

Is it possible to link any of the mods out there for making it look better? Or would that be too dodgy to allow?

17. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

18. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Oooh how slack of me. The update got sucked up into my week and I never saw your reply!
    Thank you for that :D Gonna give it a bit of a go I reckon, would love to see it running a lot prettier and better!