1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Final i7 build what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bcooper56, 3 May 2009.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

seconded.

windows 7 for free, 2x gtx 260's or even 2x gtx 275's...maybe even drop down to a good 800-850 watt unit, though the corsair is a gem, it's a bit overkill, even with 2 x gtx 275's.

sceptre's are garbage from what I have seen in many reviews and the 2 i ordered came with just enough dead pixels to piss you off, but not enough to send back. use the money you save on vista to get a better monitor.

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

The others are right; I've built a roughly similar rig to yours (including the same RAM, the same CPU, the same motherboard, the same optical drive) and I couldn't agree more; it's a big mistake to throw money at top-of-the-line-GPUs when two lesser ones will do more for less; trust me - I shelled out for a '280. (Before everyone starts hurling rotten fruit and shouting 'Idiot!' it was on offer.)

I got the Corsairs because I'm a sucker for branding, warranties and pretty heatsinks, but Bindi knows what he's talking about, what with being a professional computer reviewer and stuff, so if you're not similarly impressed just buy his OCZs. Oh, and - why throw the national deficit of Liberia at a computer and then buy Vista Basic? Wrong place to cut costs. I'd stretch to x64 Home Premium, but you could play it for cheap and hold on for 7.