1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: Asus W90 Dual HD 4870 Notebook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Mar 2009.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

ok so its huge and hot and theres no way i'd 'replace' my desktop with it, but as a piece of engineering this thing is pretty remarkable

if only it was modular and upgradeable, then i suspect a few more people would be interested

2. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

I would be that market segment. If I get the extra money I'm expecting later I will buy this.:thumb:

3. Gunblade

Gunblade The Frugal Chef

Did anyone look past the behemoth Asus machine and see the sweet purple office chairs?

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Yeah, they're quite fetching. Downright sexeh, actually! :)

5. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

I like this one, except the price. I know it's big, but try taking your desktop with you, this thing is closer to the n10 than my desktop in portability. It even looks very good!

I regularly work a few hour on my 15,4" laptop, so something bigger won't be a problem, only finding a suitable backpack for it. It's not a take-it-everywhere netbook, but if I need to work a few hours somewhere and take a laptop, I'd prefer working with something big, work way better. this one suits the needs (but not the budget...)

6. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

I use a dell 1720 notebook everyday. When I go to client's office or house', I use it all the time. Sometimes it is a pain to carry around a 17" laptop, but when it comes to corporate clients, it sure impresses the hell out of them, without sacrificing a gaming look to it. Clean and proffesional. and with a an nvidia 8Xmobile card in it, it doesn't hurt when in the hotel gaming :)
    There is a market and a use for a laptop like this. But the drawback is size and weight, vs still being able to game while on the road without carrying a seperate monitor.

7. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

That beast makes my G50 look puny!

8. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

I think batteries are always useful for when the power goes out or the cord comes unplugged. I hardly ever take my 17" macbook pro off my desk, but I never lose stuff during storms. I think desktops should have the option of building in a ups, in fact I might build one into my scratch build I'm planning right now.

9. Chazzwd

Chazzwd What's a Dremel?

Is this laptop/dtr actually going to be sold in the UK? How comes there's no mention of it on the Asus UK website?
    How did you get your mitts on one of them...did you order it from NEWEGG?? LOL

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

isn't that a little to heavy?!?!??

11. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

I got an Acer Aspire 7720G not too long ago, still very impressed for £400 with its 8400M (not bad for gaming on the move), I got it from acerdirect[dot]co[dot]uk, check out the prices, I got mine for half of the RRP.

12. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

Long term graphics driver support......is why this will likely fail/ not be considered.

Tags: Add Tags