1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays flickering..

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kingred, 30 Jun 2010.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Hi,

Ive had my cheapo tn panel monitor for about 3 years now, i have recently noticed flickering with the backlight, could it be about to die?

It's one of those generic 22" screens which came bundled with my pc, would it be a simple fix if it is the backlight?

2. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

It's possible. Also, I think fixing it would probably cost more than getting a new monitor, but don't quote me on that.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Does it do a high pitch sound when the brightness is at 100% or 50%?! If so, it could be (or also part of the problem) the lamp transformer.

I recommend buying a new one.

Check out my monitor comparison table, of highly recommended (on this forum), popular, and well reviewed monitors,
    Here: http://www.helpweaver.com/monitor/monitor comparison.htm (Excel version available also.)

Check the tabs at the bottom of the page for additional information (feature explanation and notes).
    Of course, read reviews to know the monitor up's and down and pick one that fits your needs.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

no, it isn't the transformer there is no noise, there is just some flickering in the consistency of the back-light on darker colours.

It has reflected on my work, where i am using brighter colours to reflect this, and so far no ones complained :D

5. jaydeee

jaydeee What's a Dremel?

try wiggling your video cable, faulty or loose connection may be the problem. I had same issue before and found out that my video card is dying. To isolate that try using plugging it to other computer.