1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Folder Sharing

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by boltonuk007, 3 Mar 2013.

1. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys looking for a bit of help, Iam currently running Windows 8 Pro 64 where all my movies are stored, this is kept in the bedroom. Downstairs under the TV I have a WDLive which streams all my movies. The WDLive connects to the PC upstairs using a network share. My problem is that when I go to my Films folder, properties, sharing tab then share I can select "Everyone" from the drop down above which then goes into the list below and then its set up for sharing. I go downstairs, switch on my WDLive and its works fine. Then when I reboot my Pc upstairs and go back into the share setting its lost the "Everyone" and I have to set it up all over again. Ive had a look around for this problem and its seems to happen on Win7 too but no one seems to have had an answer, perhaps you guys can help? Thanks

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I set all my shares up through the libraries method and never had a problem since.

3. boltonuk007

I should have mentioned that the folder I want to share is on a second drive, a 2TB one I use for such things, instead of my 250 SSD for Windows and apps. The folder I want to share is included in the Video library and its set to share.

4. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

May I recommend installing a Media Server app on your PC, such as TwonkyMedia, Mediatomb or similar?

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

6. boltonuk007

Ive ran TVersity for a while but I had issues with playback of HD stuff, the WDLive play EVERYTHING and it should just read the files from the drive I want to share, and it did until I had to reinstall windows due to a failed SSD, now I just cant get the share to remain.

7. boltonuk007

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The point with that link was that if the master browser is on the WD TV instead of on one of your computers, then that thing can happen. You should try turning WD TV off for a while and check again if it starts working again when your computer is turned on.