1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 2 demo on Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 10 May 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just completed Arcade mode on this (15 tracks) all on Gold!

Nürburgring is soooo much nicer on this then PGR3.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some drifting action in my S15 :D

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

sigh ....

holy crap that looks great :eeek:

4. Jamie

tuned from just over 200bhp to 669bhp, it now handles like it's on ice :D

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Damn thats whats i was looking for. I like cars that handle like Lindsay Lohan on Crack and if the cars on Forza can do that with tuning then i maybe seriously tempted. Thats the only reason why i went with PGR was the mental handling.

How sideways are we talking here? what about the damn driving aids?

6. Jamie

I drive with it all off, but it damn hard to control the slides in this game, you've really got to have good skills with the trigger controls.

I think I should turn the aids on with this car now, if I pull the trigger all the way I just end up spinning even if I'm going in a straight line :D

It's a bit like trying to drive the f50 gt in pgr3 when you're so drunk the room is spinning.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

lol Jamie, that's one crazy ass car, I'm tempted to do something similar with my Corrado now is an AWD.

I personally find all the RWD's a little on the skittish side myself though, they tend to slide around something crazy and the assists aren't much help with them, that and I can't seem to prefect smooth steering, for me it's all on or nothing.
    That's probably just me though I think a wheel could REALLY help my racing considering just how bad I am at it :p

8. Jamie

We should have a session on xbox live and I'll show you how crazy it is :D

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah the RWD's are really scary at high speed, probably more than they needed to be. I drive with everything bar ABS off, and difficulty on High and I think it's just about right. I started with ABS off, but it was frustrating getting PIT'd by the AI all the time.

The graphics are pretty average, sometimes below average imho for a 360 game... but the gameplay is terrific.

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

They sell it in Sainbury's for £29.99. I was going to buy but i still not sure about it.

11. Jamie

Yeah, I drive with just ABS on and with the AI on hard. I think the supercharged exige is my fav car at the moment.

12. DougEdey

I don't think this is a game I'll be playing on Live or against anyone on my friends list, it's fine for me personally in Career mode and single player and to just have a blast around a track, but not online.

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Once you get used to the inconsistent graphics, it's a brill game. Great handling and physics, race ending crash damage, a billion customisation options for every car, completely tuneable in every aspect. The car paint editor is a game all on it's own.

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

With that level of tuning, you'll might as well as well paint the Silvia pink and slap on a big "Yoshio Factory" decal.

I wish Gran Turismo would allow more the customization offered by Forza, though I don't like Forza's *in-the-middle* realism modelling.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

In the middle? More realistic than GT IMO, definitely not in the middle.

It's even harder with the wheel, I thought I'd be just as good with the wheel, but it is very difficult to get used to. Definitely makes driving oversteer cars a hell of a lot harder, since you can't quickly flick between maximum steering like you can the the analogue stick.

16. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Doug; it's pretty good online, but it really depends on who you play against. I found by far and away its more enjoyable against mates than against randoms, as with friends it just turns into a crazy mess around session, against randoms it becomes very serious and (imo) not much fun.
    Having said that I'm sure the leagues could also be quite good though there are some really amazing players out there.

17. DougEdey

Considering that when I played on PGR3 against people like Jamie it became serious, I just don't find it fun.

18. Jamie

:( When did I make PGR serious :/

Driving again stupid AI makes me angry, they force you off the road because they just blindly follow the racing line.

19. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I found that happens a lot too Jamie, glad it's not just me. I tend to just sit behind them then punt them off the road at corners if that happens :p

20. K

K 528491

omg

That is obscenely cool.

I'd pick this up if I was actually any good at 'realistic' driving games.

Tags: