1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Fractal Design R2 Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 15 Jan 2010.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

You didn't check the wiring?

2. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

If you have a cable that fits, that says "USB" on it, and it's in the right way, would you check every single tiny cable, after spending several hours looking up which colour means what?

No. You wouldn't.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You shouldn't have to check the wiring these days. Non-standard wiring on USB headers used to be a problem years ago (I fried a few boards this way), but these days I'm pretty sure there's a standard for this.

4. leslie

leslie Just me!

And that is why a system not even 2 years old fried my lucky 128meg USB stick just the other day in a new media reader, right? Better the 128meg than my 16gig.

Slots I trust, pins, not so much, even if standardized, you can still be off a pin. Ever plug in an ATA cable wrong? Besides, just because it's a standard doesn't mean they stuck to it. Remember the Dell power supplies with "atx" connectors". I have even had one molex so poorly made that it went in upside down frying the drive.

Point is, a simple 10 second test with an old mouse would have saved a lot of heartache on something long known to be problematic.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2010
Tags: Add Tags