1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Game Cube Owns

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [GiB] Spawny, 14 Nov 2001.

1. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I finally got my Gamecube! Now to cover some points ;) .....

Point 1:
    Well no and this is something I will NEVER agree on, you buy a console to play games on not to watch craply decoded DVDs on like the PS2 and XBOX. Dont get me wrong tho :) im just a movie buff with well over 300 DVDs and I shudder every time my local EB puts a DVD on the Playstation 2 Stand.

Anyway if you really want a Gamecube which can play DVDs (properly as well!!!) get the Panasonic Gamecube (comes with blue LCD!! :)) which is coming out at the end of the year in Japan.

Point 2:
    Lik-Sang will but all they sell now is premodded ones.

Point 3:

All this is true :) You should never be able to pirate Gamecube games but you never know ;)

If your gonna get a XBox tho warez should be out and about real quick as Microsoft are not going to realse a Xbox in China because of piracy and them being scared of it ;) Its a good thing however I wouldnt pay £45 for Halo :D

2. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

well done kevo mate, i couldn't have said t better myself, i am constantly tryin to tell PS owners this butthey just never listen :(
    oh well we know who has the better games console :D

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I wasn't trying to say that PS2 was a good player ... just that people will actually choose a console for hte features rather than whether it is any real good.
    This panasonic gamecube sounds good .... I cant wait to see/play on a gamecube as nintendo have always been able to squeeze all the juice out of their consoles unlike PS/PS2

4. Chey

Chey What's a Dremel?

So whats the price then altogether?

Kevo... you mentioned you got your Gamecube right? How much did you pay for it from Hong Kong including the shipping and customs tax blah blah blah...

I've got relatives in Hong Kong (parents are from there) and my uncle just went back for a early christmas hols (he chinese also). I asked my friends over in Hong Kong and they told me it wasn't that bad a price around $3500HKG which is around £300 - £320. Now my uncle comes back like on the 23rd Dec and I honestly don't know if i can wait that long till i get me GC so is it worth the hassle and money getting it sent over or shall i just wait for my uncle to come back?

Anyways, about pirating GC games, i'm sure some guy out there has already done it. I mean, if you go to Hong Kong, (which i do a lot in the hols) you should see the amount of shops that sell pirated stuff as in games for almost every format.

Also, whats this about the mod to play US games or something? How is that done? You got a site URL that will show you how its done?

I honestly dunno if i can wait till the 23rd/24th Dec. I want my GC and i want it now. I wanna play Rougue Leader and also Waverace Blueshift. Both look amazing.

they got any driving games coming out soon?

Chey
    chey@phearfactory.co.uk

Phear Factory
    http://www.phearfactory.co.uk

5. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

My gamecube cost about £280.93 but this did not include shipping or my Custom Sting in total it all cost me about £360 but this does include the following:

*Japanese version of Nintendo's latest console

*Modified with a switch to play Japanese and USA games

*Includes 1 Joypad, 2 games (Wave Race Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion) and 2 Memory Card 59

*Stepdown

*AV Cables

And as for pirate software I very much doubt that any will be coming out any time soon as the gamecube dosnt use mini dvds like some people make out, it uses GODs a very evil optical disk which only Nintendo and Panasonic can make ;) the developers have only just got there dev kit writers but even then the dev disks dont work in a standard gamecube. The GOD dev disks alown cost a cool $80 each as well so piracy aint gonna be cheap is it :)

Ninteno have gone out of there way to stop piracy and at the moment its paid of.

EDIT: Rumors have it that Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec is coming to the GCN.

EDIT 2: Link to USA - JAP Mod its very simple all you need is some wire and a switch.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2001
  6. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

From Perth

Welldone Kevo you are indeed a font of knowledge on this topic, respect M8.

I was too sick to see any of these in Singapore on the way out but will check on the return trip.

Some pictures would be nice.

Off to go whale watching.

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Having a nice holiday m8 :)

Heres a pic:

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the "Super Flash" its the only way you can see it as my Gamecube sits in a dark corner of my computer room ;)

I also completed Luigi's Mansion... god its an easy game my health didnt even drop below 80% even on the last gardian...

Last edited: 22 Nov 2001
  8. vivid

Nintendo have recently said that they are planning to make games shorter, so there majority audience (kids) can complete them and not just hardcore gamers, so this mean the next zelda may be half as long as the last one and a hell of a lot easier :(

btw kevo i h8 u!!!! j/k :)

9. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I dunno really I very much doubt that they will make the new Zelda game short and easy. The same however cant be said for the new "Mario Sunshine" which apparently has only about 10 hours worth of play according to the developers.

And like I said in my previous post Luigi's Mansion is VERY easy and VERY short, its a bit dissapointing really :(

But on a happy note the new StarFox Adventures has about 35 hours worth of play (apparently) :)

10. vivid

im not sure about starfox adventures, it looks too much like jet force jemini, which i bought but i didnt like it casue its soooo hard and boring.

11. [GiB] Spawny

G,Day

I hope these consoles and other makes keep going is I'm sure G8tes wants to take control of the market.

Some consoles have been bought in the past purely for the game you want to play on it.

Golden Eye N64
    Final Fantasy Series PS1
    GT3 PS2

Lets hope they don't fall down the hole like Sega have and take the easy road and just do games.

If we didn't competition it would be a dull world.

Nice colour, if only evrything else was purple?

12. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Wooooo got Super Monkey Ball today!! :D HARD!!!!!!!!

13. [GiB] Spawny

There in Stock!

Well looking around the shops for Tony Hawks III for the PS1 for my son for Christmas and guess what I saw!

A game Cube ready to go £299.95 (Import Version)

Not sure how long they have been in stock, but I could here voices in my head from my credit card. I ran out the shop before the demons took control of my mind.

What yah recon Kevo?

14. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Well you can get a premodded one from lik-sang for Purple £182.62 or £208 for the Black and Spice colours and you also get a stepdown plus a free AV composite cable. Or you could get there bundle thing which is £288.39 and includes the following Luigi's Mansion (Japanese), Wave Race Blue Storm (Japanese), Memory Card 59, Stepdown and some AV cables. It makes the £300+ most UK import shops charge just for the console sound pants dosnt it ;)

It all depends on how badly you want it :) But if you can wait 3 days (delivery time) I would get it from Lik-Sang however it does have its drawbacks they are in HongKong so if its broke its gonna cost you a far bit to send back and get a replacement.

They also sell USA games so you could pick up Rogue Leader ;) or go to Goblin Games which are based in the UK and have quite fair prices compared to most uk import shops.

P.S. Remember that Lik-Sang do charge delivery :)

Last edited: 11 Dec 2001
  15. vivid

i thought you could only get thps3 on the ps2? :confused:

16. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

You can get it on the PS2, GameCube and Xbox ;)

17. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Got me a black one from Las Vegas!

$199.99 for the GC, $34.99 for 2nd controller, $147.97 for 3 games (Monkey, Starwars, THPS-3). all +8% tax. used my old svhs cable from the N64 and a stepdown from Maplin.

Oh yeah bought an Xbox as well for $299.99, $34.99 for 2nd controller, $99.98 for 2 games (Halo, Oddworld), advanced av-lead $19.99. + 8% Tax.

No problems taking it through customs this end, bit scary at the US end when the armed security dude made me open all the boxes up and pass it throught the x-ray machine a bit at a time (twice - once flat, then on its side).

18. [GiB] Spawny

But you have bought both?

You will be in two minds which one to play first. Going to look the dog's side by side under the telly.

The envy of many, I'm turning green :mad:

Post up some pictures if you can.

Bargin price

GC £299.95
    XB £450.00

To bigger dent in me bank balance, shame will just have to make do with me PS1 for a bit longer :(

19. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Nothing wrong with a PS1 :) just think of all the quilty games that are out on it...

Spawny ive finaly got a TV card that works ;)

20. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

How can I include a jpg in the post?

How can I include a jpg of "the black one" for you all to enjoy if attachments are not allowed!

Tags: