1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: The Ship

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: So very true. Playing with the teleport machine, generally bunnyhopping like a CS player and smashing the place up is what it's all about.

I was fascinated by this game for a long time - it'd be great with some dedicated LAN players.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed the off line version of the ship since the computer played properly but yeah on line was pap and off line was too easy after the first couple of hours. Shame really could have been a excellent antidote to over stimulated fps players.

4. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I bought this game on release and only played a couple of on-line matches. Perhaps if they had made it so that you only had one shot, one chance to kill someone?

There aren't many multiplayer games that tackle this kind of gameplay but I've got my eye on SpyParty http://spyparty.com/

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

That guy in the first picture looks a little TOO much like George W...

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

The Ship is the ultimate example of a multiplayer game that elevates to greatness and outclasses every one of its peers when played with the right people.

This game came out when I was in Uni. A bunch of guys on my course all bought it and played the **** out of it for a couple months. Fun times.

You can always argue that any multiplayer game is great with the right people, but for me The Ship will ways be special. :)

In the same vein (although far more family friendly) is Disney's Guilty Party. The multiplayer looks fun with great use of the Wii's controls. Looks like a must have for when I'm babysitting my nephew. :thumb:

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I was playing this at 4 in the morning at a lan.

Nothing messes you up more than suddenly turning round and seeing an abe lincon lookalike chasing you down a hallway with a fire axe.

Good times.

8. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

The first time I played HL2 I made myself play it as it was obivously intended - standing still and listening attentively and following the characters around. It was wonderfully immersive. From the second playthrough onward though, I joined the countless thousands trying to knock over all of Kleiner's PCs.

As NuTech says above, there are some games that are terrible when played with the wrong people, and incredible when played with the right people. It's all about the other players' attitudes to the game; one of the many reason you'll never find me playing the latest console FPS online...

9. humdrumian_monkey

humdrumian_monkey What's a Dremel?

he REALLY does!

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

If you can just kill people anyway, can't you just go on a rampage and kill everyone in sight?

11. sWW

sWW Minimodder

I bought this game a while back and have barely touched it. I imagine if I was playing with a bunch of mates it would be more fun however the problems discussed in the article ruin the game for public play.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Only if you want a negative score.

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I wonder if we could organise a game between the bit folk there should be enough of us to have an evening of the game played properly. No?

14. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I think this is the Bush previously to the ear surgery because I think that were his original ears, arse-like ears xD

Tags: Add Tags