1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Gaming Monitor Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cyndre, 8 Nov 2011.

1. Cyndre

Cyndre What's a Dremel?

Hey,

Hoping for a bit of advice on monitors.

Currently Using: LG W2261VP 22" LCD Full HD monitor
    Intended Use: Heavy gaming on ultra settings with games like BF3, also work in photoshop for GUI and web design.
    Budget: upto £600.
    GPU's: 2 x 1.5GB EVGA GTX580 Hydrocopper 2's

What I want out of it is a sharp and immersive gaming experience with superb image clarity. I've looked at the u2711 and also some Asus monitors.
    I'm also wondering if I'd be better served with 3 x 24" or a single 27". I'm also looking to get a new LED TV so wondering if that would be useful for streaming to maybe?

What matters to me most is image clarity and vibrance. I often see these Sony screens in shops with demo's running and the images look stunning which makes me wonder why I can't ever seem to get the same.

Anyway appreciate any feedback. Cheers.

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

TV's have an instore mode that uses more power I believe. If you want vibrant colours and clarity then get the U2711, I love mine!

3. Cyndre

Cyndre What's a Dremel?

cheers fella and you know what I'm going senile. I just realised I asked this same question in June! Sorry looks like u2711 was the same answer then.

4. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

+1 for the U2711, bloody brilliant monitor

5. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

Personally i would like 3x24" screens cause it would look bada$$ and you can immerse urself into games :D
    But then again a u2711 would be nice and big and would give better picture quality i imagin than 3 cheaper 24" screens

6. Cyndre

Cyndre What's a Dremel?

Bought the U2711 and using it now and my god.....my eyeballs thank you! This thing is stunning it really is.

Only prob I'm having atm is blu ray playback is not so great and really grainy. I'm guessing this may be more software related as I'm using powerdvd. Any suggestions of recommendations for playback software?

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Depends on the source, have you got anything animated to watch in HD? Like Finding Nemo or something? I find a lot of Blu Ray content does have a grainy look to it.

8. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

I think its probably because your running at 2560 x 1440, so + HD resolution, hence the grainy nature of blu ray's, but then again I might be wrong could be software related

9. Cyndre

Cyndre What's a Dremel?

You're probably right, I was expecting a crystal clear image at full res with HD. I gather I'd have to scale back to lower res to get a clear image?

Just a quick aside anyone make a suggestion as to which of these keyboards would be worth buying:

ROCCAT Isku - Aesthetically love this and the key illumination is great as I do most of my gaming at night. Shame it's not mechanical though

Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS MEKA G-Unit - Technically the best with it's mechanical switches and feature set.

I refuse to buy any razer gear after the atrocious lycosa I bought from them. Tainted my view permanently of trash build quality and debatable service.