1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gaming PCs too power-hungry, researcher warns

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Sep 2015.

1. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

Hmm...

merge web browsing, idle modes, sleep and off into a single category (cause my PC is that beastly...) and you have a quite accurate representation of my usage...

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

After most incidents procedures are looked into and improvements made. The slightest creak a nuclear power plant makes and the world goes on the rampage to reduce funding. Nuclear technology should be lightyears ahead of what it is now but really we're scraping by on technology that was designed shortly after the second world war.
    If we stopped faffing and hoky cokying with building new reactors and throwing money at oil and coal sectors and put money into research we could either make nuclear safer (waste products and disaster proof) or build our own mini sun.

3. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't call them a greenie. Serious ones would do an actual life cycle analysis of gaming PCs and how business models of various companies involved in providing the hardware and software affect that life cycle analysis.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

According to the study (if I read it correctly) they phoned a thousand random people and asked how much time they spent on their various electronic device doing what....
    And the average answer is "I gamed 4.4 hours"?

I find that hard to believe, but I'm not going into those statistics.

5. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

Obviously an average of a lot of results....