1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Geekbench scores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 14 Dec 2011.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Talking of memory bandwidth.... .//TuNdRa... you may want to look away.

Stable at 2400.

Sandra bench. Arranged in order..
    current 2400
    previous 2133
    previous 1866

Near as dammit 57GB/sec :)

[​IMG]

My 24/7 OC Geekbench as a result.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/547181
    [​IMG]

[EDIT]

Meh!

I thought it was stable.. Oh well... back to the drawing board. 2133 it is for a while it would seem. I guess there's a reason this RAM was so much cheaper than the Doms.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2012
  2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

So far as I can see. Motherboard manufacturers might have a share in the blame, but they can only work with the specifications they're given.

I know some motherboards can clock the NB higher than others, but I don't want to have to splash £170 on a Crosshair IV just to get good memory scores.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

You tried tightening your RAM to CAS8?
    Don't know about Bulldozer, but that's one area llano does well in (mem clocking)

Think I might give this a go with both of my systems once I have a bit of spare time to clocking them both a little more aggresively.

4. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

That's good to know. I have a Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H coming on Monday and an A8-3870K being shipped from the USA in a few days. Benchmarking has recently become something of a hobby for me, so knowing in advance that I can get good results clocking the memory means I can plan accordingly (it might make better use of the DDR3-2133 memory in my SB system if I replace it with the 1866 I bought for this build)

5. GeorgeStorm

I've got an msi a75ma-g55 with a 3870k.
    I'm currently running 1860mhz CAS8, haven't tried pushing it any harder, I do know with llano, memory clocking dramatically increases performance.
    Haven't done any benching for a while, kinda miss it, think when I go home over Easter I'll be getting the SS back out for some serious fun.

6. .//TuNdRa

That's because Llano doesn't have a Northbridge, at last check.

Bulldozer is based more off the Phenom II motherboard & NB design, hence the backwards compatability, and the crappy memory bottleneck.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Has no one benched a llanno on geekbench? It's going to be up to you debs/Georgestorm to see if there has been a good overhaul.

I tell you, it'll be a a good case to migrate bulldozer chips to a new socket. Or just get on with a better nb.

8. .//TuNdRa

Indeed. Piledriver should bring in a new NB, even though the AMD 990FX chipset is compatible.

Does mean I'll have to buy Another motherboard, however.

9. GeorgeStorm

Don't think anyone has so far, I will be this week, may do a run at stock later today, will hopefully get a chance to clock it later during the week.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2012
  10. .//TuNdRa

After a quick test; The memory controller in the Bulldozer chips are flawed.

I can get the NB stable at 2600, higher than what I ran it at for my current top score, but it doesn't yeild the same memory score when I'm at 3.8Ghz. It appears that the Memory Controller might be having issues.

Might be yet another flaw with the Bulldozer architecture. Damn.

11. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

No worries, as soon as all the parts arrive I'll be getting to work on an overclock and loads of benchmarks. It's a shame that I'll only be able to use air cooling for the first few weeks. I will have 2 different lots of memory to try out (Kingston HyperX 2133MHz (1.65V) and Corsair Vengeance 2000MHz (1.5V) so between them should get some decent info :)

12. Pookeyhead

I'd be interested in your memory finds.. These Mushkins were just a cheap way to get some extra bandwidth, but they're not very clockable. I'd love to see how far you can push the Hyper X.

13. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

14. .//TuNdRa

Click the upload button, please.

15. Pookeyhead

Click upload, and paste the link to the results page. Also, please let us know your CPU speed as geekbench doesn't repost accurately. All this is on the first page.. Please read.

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

@Pookeyhead - You want to be happy that your CPU memory controller can do 2400mhz, as not many can. Most people are only getting 2133. So you may well have a better chip than you may well think.:thumb:

17. Pookeyhead

Yeah.. It can do 2400... but trouble getting stable, and I'm not sure whether it's the RAM or the chip. I'll slack off the timings and see if I can get it stable.. if so.. then it's the RAM.

Yeah, it's a good, chip, but I'd love to get a golden batch sample. No biggy if not... it's IB-E that will be the big deal, as that will probably be the chip with the longevity for X79. I'll definitely want a good IB-E sample.

I'd start playing with RAM now, but downloading SWTOR and it's slow enough to download without me interrupting it all the time!

18. Undead.Potato

Undead.Potato What's a Dremel?

Hi, All

Got bored and decided to try and beat the current Amd record and came up with this,:D
    [​IMG]
    http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/540561
    Close, But No Potato.

My Poor Processor :rolleyes: :D

Phenom II X6 @ 4.35Ghz 1.6v (229x19) :jawdrop:
    H100 Cooled.

Undead.Potato

19. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

what the hell....you have been a member since may last year and this is your first post!!!!

20. Pookeyhead

LOL... that's some major lurking you've been doing! A belated welcome to you anyway :)