1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

So a laser designator (presumably linked to some sort of guided munition) and a UAV aren't useful gadgets?

2. Blue Fiend

Blue Fiend What's a Dremel?

The only major problem i have with bf3, seems to be the fact i need to have orgin started to launch the game. Also the m27 ir is over powerd, Its bassicly a m4 with a bigger mag

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry? bar the flashlight that needs to be toned down, you were ranting about recoil and kdr.

Knifing is in it's place. Meant to be a humiliation weapon.

I played with the sv98 last night to quite an effective effect. If you are a good player then the weapon will work well. You just can't use that damn thing at closer ranges of ~25 metres. It's meant to be a long range weapon. More so when you slap on the 12 x scope. People will have a hard time killing you from afar since the recoil was increased.

The trick is to go for the head on stationary targets or if someone is running then odds are that they've been dinged a few times thus making them a 1 hit kill to finish off.

Metro is a tad too small to see how effective they will be. On the issue of gadgets, i can't really comment since i haven't unlocked much but hopefully recon will get some more teambased gear.

Right now, the only fix sniper rifles need is to have glare toned down/removed or modeled properly.

Dice are trying to make recon seem less appealing than before so that fewer people use the class.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hope they put the AT4 in the game. I would be a sad panda if they didn't

[​IMG]

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I don't really think the scope glare is that big a problem. I've played pretty much exclusively as a recon and haven't had any problems with sneaking around, hiding or killing people.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Every hit I've made bar one with the SV98 has been a 1 hit kill shot.

I tried it without a scope too, and its pretty awesome, just a bit slow on the reload.

Also, don't forget that you can use other weapons in the recon class, for example I did quite a bit of work with my shotgun in the recon class.

Really starting to enjoy it now, there's some great features that really push it past what BF2 was.

Noticed another rather annoying bug, which is where the grenades get stuck in foliage. So your hiding in a bush, chuck the grenade and it sticks right infront of you.
    Some dodgy collision detection, probably someone forgot to exclude leaves from the test. :D

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

it needs to be a glimmer. not a glare if they want to have that in the game. Counter sniping is way too easy.

8. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Have to remember that Metro is a fairly small map, it's always going to be more obvious than it would be on a larger map like say conquest.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Metro has conquest y'know :) and I've seen a 255 man server also wtf

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

If Dice actually turned metro into a conquest map it could be interesting, see how it plays. Hopefully alot better then rush as it gets boring after a round or 2.

Game needs a flamethrower so you can burn the bushes at the start- soultion to bush warfare.

11. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

On Metro? o_O
    RPG's galore if that happened lol

Random note here... Is 2 kills with one bullet possible on here? Havent had the oppurtunity to try yet (N)

12. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Yes

Oops, meant to say Caspian Border

13. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Not having much luck today. A couple of crashes within seconds of joining the server where my game window just goes black and the latest being a BSOD after we'd just pushed up from the first mcom's! Still I'll try again later....

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The SV98 is deadly, very deadly, just rack up some headshots.

And I was terrible until I realized that you could use a steady scope option. But I do agree, give the recon some C4 or motion mines, that gave an incentive for Recons to be non-bush-wookie like.

I find it annoying how the support LMG gets all the ammo, yes they do technically need it, but shouldn't the medics have more powerful weaponry to counteract the fact that they need to revive.

Oh and an alarming lack of revives from otehrs is annoying. But overall, the game gets very intense, although the last stage of Metro is just the worst tease since that's where it gets really good.

15. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

BF3 is awesome :) i have to stop myself from playing too much :D

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just tried the beta and it's not terrible but it's definitely not good either. I'll still buy it though as I have faith the bigger maps will be more bf like

17. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

DICE said a while back that all the maps will run on all the different modes. Also, if you open up Battlelog there are servers now running Metro Conquest up to 255 ppl

I've mysteriously started to get the Black Screen this evening... hmm!! I've not changed anything, has DICE?

Last edited: 1 Oct 2011
  18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

have i missed anything? what's this laser designator for recons? and UAV's??

SV98, 12x scope works wonders for me. longest was 256 marksmanpoint in first stage Metro. (didn't unlock it fast enough for Caspian) but this isn't really recon helping the team, this is lone wolf sniping.

19. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

recon with the PP-2000 and set up spawn point so your team can spawn right at front line next to bottlenecks.... huge wins when defending.

Attacking is not so good.

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So i'm prepared for the rush of hatred when i say this. BF3 on xbox isn't (that's isn't) too bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's much better on PC, Looks soooo much better on PC too.

Obviously the game is only on Metro, but it did play smooth, with no Lag, either visually or server/internet. I can see the game being very successful on 360, as well as PC, But i still can't stomach the £39.99 Price tag for the 360 version to the £24.99 on PC.

Sam