1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Cant beat the PKP Pecheneg got my first 20 kill streak with is, running and gunning like a boss! :p No idea how I did it its unusable unless you lie down with the bipod out!

Also, I spent ages unlocking the mortar, only to find its unavailable in the beta.... FFFFUUUUUU! I assume we keep out stats on release day? They don't reset it all do they?

Also also, the C4 explosion is epic, love throwing it down steps and drops and hearing the blast and getting a few kills :) beats the grenade :p

2. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Is anyone else a little worried that they could possibly unlock everything and have no new toys come retail?... :worried:

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I thought everything was reset for release, stats back to 0!

From EA website

"Will my stats carry over from the Beta to the full game"?

No. We are still fine tuning the ranking system and we don't want to give the Beta players an unfair advantage when the full game launches. You will keep your soldier name though.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, i'll be at a huge disadvantage come the day i start playing: 1st November. :(

away from 25th to 30th October :waah:

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The Pecheneg is an absolute behemoth of a weapon. Much prefer it over the M240B. The slightly lower rate of fire means it's more controllable. Even with a deployed bipod, the 240B travels alot and the recoil is nuts.

Managed to get a 38-kill streak with the Pecheneg the other night, just pure unadulterated slaughter. Think I finished that round 42:2 on defence.

6. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Progress reset; it's easier to level up in the beta than the full game to allow people to use the higher weapons + whatever tweaks they apply :p

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well now, that was a productive hour lunch game :D

Unlocked the M26 MASS, USAS-12 and M60. The MASS is good fun and a solid backup for an AR, the USAS-12 has a lovely fire rate and range for a shotgun and the M60 recoil is very controllable! Certainly toys to look forward to I must say for release :D

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

played some more last night.

Let me confirm what i originally thought but didnt have too much experience at:

my average KDR is 0.7 or somethin. i played recon probably 99% of the time. i tried the other classes maybe.... 5 minutes each.

last night i was out of ammo from my shottie so i grabbed an assault weapon. M16A1, with basic basic iron sight basic upgrade.

i got 15-3 at the end of the round, dying ONCE after i pick up that gun. got an acog sight. neat.

curious.... i start as defender the next round and grab the Assault with AK. again, 18-7 or something. 5 of 7 was when i was sniping (and brutally sniped back lol i suck).

conclusion: Assault kit is overpowered. LOL ok jk. but seriously, its easy-mode. E-A-S-Y. fast burst weapons. high accuracy compared to SMG. 3-4 hit bullets will definitely drop ANYONE. low recoil when shot in burst + prone. fast reload.

compared to UMP and PP2000 (which i used extensively that i got 2 service stars each), it's definitely lower in power (5-6 hit - no lag - will not necessarily drop a person) and recoil is much greater.

i will definitely play assault for the first 16 level until i get UMP before hitting Recon. its just easy mode to get all the stuff i need. unless they really stretch the ranking system, then i'll start recon becoz i want that MAV asap.

ok, onto another topic:

M1014 shottie is a bitch. i meant that in an awesome way. it sucks BAD at medium range, but at close range? will rip through ANYTHING. lovin my new semi-auto shottie. BAM BAM BAM.

M40A5 has a sick stopping power. i dont need to zoom in, if im in close range, why change to a pistol? aim a little high, and pull the trigger. BAM. enemy insta-dead. too bad its bolt-action. but then again, if that thing is semi-auto, it'll be WAY too OP.

whats with the SQD specialization? yknow, u get Sprint, then u get SQD Sprint... i missed the definition and i cant see it in battlelog.

i'm almost to MAV. soon i should be able to try if it's really in BETA or not. thank u M1014 for the high recon points.

Lastly, Wyx, how'd u get that BF2 tag???? :( i want that tag and i ask it in the forum but nobody answers. speaking of tag, man i wish they comes in names. i want name tags. not some achievement tags to show :(

9. wyx087

go edit your tags, then you will be able to change your tag appearance.

tell me if MAV is unlockable. Battlelog says not in Beta. so i have doubts.....

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

You two need some recon lessons from Jester! He's been pumelling the crap out of people with the SVD, ACOG, Suppressor and bipod. Had a few games of late where he's gone 45:6 or something, but still playing a front-line Recon player. He's nuts! He also got the Barrett M98 Bravo the other day. Not much use on Metro, but says it's lovely for long-range stuff.

11. Redbeaver

i have doubts as well. but Naloac says so.

ya i can edit my tag, but the Advanced tag (where u have the BF2 tag) it's empty for me. i only have the blank one on that side. the left side i have lots... but i want BF2 tag! :D
    SVD is sick, yes. the MK11 too. but i'm just not that kind of run-n-gun with sniper rifle. (except the occasional M101. that thing rocks.) i like to be a front-line UMP recon. and im still pissy that DICE took my C4 from me :(

Barrett? Is that a one-shot-kill-to-body?? :clap: i remember even the big sniper (PSG-1?) from BF2 that allows u to hit chopper pilot, only takes 95% of ur health. not all.

on an off-note for people who think shotguns are underpowered:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNg8KNF3vM&;feature=player_embedded

12. wyx087

i run+gun in BFBC2 just fine. and will also do fine once i get none-fuzzy image, once the game supports 2560x1440 without cropping the screen.

this Jester guy is just playing like a spec op, except without C4, im sure with C4 he could have gotten over 50 kills.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The M98 Bravo is a .338 Lapua calibre if I remember correctly. Partially designed to get around the Californian anti-.50 cal laws, but meant to be an incredibly accurate bolt action. Very shiney piece of kit.

As for that shotgun video... why would you use the x6 scope? It has the same glare as a sniper, just as well off using an ACOG. Been running around on the first stage with the DAO-12 and Slug rounds. Great fun. The drop is quite something after 100m, which makes me very happy indeed. 4 round 870 mag.... or a 12-round DAO-12 Drum? :D Actually, after having fielded the USAS-12 and the insane fire rate you can get with it, there is a trolling weapon for medium range.

Jester is an adaptable sniper shall we say :)

14. Redbeaver

which begs the question now.....

if recon can only access to SMG, has no C-4, doesn't sprint faster than any other class, same body armor as any other class....

....can't we just play as spec-op using Support class?

better weaponries. C-4 and claymore. unlimited ammo.

maybe DICE really intend Recon to be a sniper class only.

but seriously, why can in only edit my front/left dog-tag only? i dont have any advanced one except the blank, but can't i use one of the basic tag on the back/right tag?

wyx087 likes this.
  15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Very good point!

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Ah they can be used to do exactly what the title suggests - Recon. Find the enemy, highlight them, point them out to your squad mates. Use the MAV to highlight people to your whole team.

In Metro, recon plays more of a sniper role... in Caspian and larger maps, Recon will take on a different role. To inform your team what lies ahead and support. Still, it will be interesting to see how people mix it up.

17. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Dude, I'm back just before Christmas, quit yo' bitchin'. :lol:

18. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Added some of you guys. :)

Also to answer some questions about stats carrying over to final release:

oh and if anbody wants to add me: Marvellous_Mit
    thanks much love

19. Redbeaver

i agree.

DICE killed off my spec-op class from BF2. or probably try to merge it to Support.

in BF2142, Recon IS spec-op. which is great.

in BF3, it seems that Recon = BF2's sniper class + Commander's UAV.

guess i'll be leveling my support comes retail! wahoo!!

20. Redbeaver