1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'll go with that.

But the main thing is the vehicle damage, it takes far too many rockets to take out a tank that the RPGs just become useless.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Im falling in love with the 870 shotgun, im not very clever with it but its funny watching bodies fly when you get a kill.

But still not sure what the best rounds for it are!

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

and going hardcore is going to be even more problem, with your health at 60%, tanks' health at 100%.

2 rockets to the back of the tank, job done.

just need to be sneaky and hope the tank is alone.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Or have the sense of mind to realise that in a 1v1 against a tank, the man will invariably come off worse 9 times out of 10.

Get some comms. going - You spot a tank, let your side know. Within seconds, you'll either get some fast air or helo support, or a tank/vehicle of your own to intercept. At the very least, your squad should start spawning on you.

Or at least, it does in ZiiP, but then voice comms is a big bonus :)

5. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Does anyone else think AMTRAC's are to hard to kill and the repair tool a little to fast to repair.

6. wyx087

i've spent ages marking targets using SOFLAM, unless i ask people to help out via mumble. no rockets are fired towards it.

sure voice com is good. but most randomers just here for the kills/points. they won't fly the helo to you to help if they have got source of points elsewhere.

this is perhaps the reason i dread joining ZiiP without you or Naloac on it. (have yet to do so, since whenever i want to join (when CPC isn't full), you guys are not on the your 48 player server) going up against a well organised, voice argumented team is recipe for rage quit.

agree with AMTRAC. it's a beast. could do with more vulnerability on its side and back.

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah, I've hit the AMTRACKs with 3+ C4 charges (3 kills MBTs), and they can still survive...

Couple great games this weekend.

PS, Rider, I'm coming for that 2nd dogtag and no excuses from you when I get them

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yep, two shots to the back of a tank will pound it.

Wyx, I play with 4 friends, and have my own mumble server. We have a bit of banter, but we mostly try to talk tactics. MrDomRocks jumps in sometimes. You'd be welcome to join us. We'll be on tonight from about 6pm, 64 player servers mostly.

9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I found (courtesy of someone on my friend list adding it as a favourite - I love Battlelog for this) a 1100 ticket hardcore Metro 24/7 server this morning. The 1st game I logged in on was a kill-fest where USSR had been pushed back to their spawn, which wasn't much fun, and there was a highly dubious guy on the USA team with 377 kills to his name.

However, the 2nd game had a good battle for the Ticket Hall. USSR got there first but with too few people to hold it, USA over-ran them and set up a good defensive structure on the entry points.

Apart from the odd TK because some fool ran into my M247 stream and took a headshot, it was good fun.

10. wyx087

ah, okay. cheers. will check it out.

(please ignore my last PM)

11. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

i do the same, every chance i get i throw something, even if no ones there, just incase someone runs past.

try the fix posted by toxix_lemon, i know its on ziip forum and some where on here too, related to upnp.

try the ziip server, am new to it, but love it. "no base rape" is the moto :)

oh it might be here then

couldn't agree more!

but i thought spotting was disabled in hardcore mode?

by the way one thing i dont like about HC mode is you cant change view when flying, so very hard if you are new.

Also i saw a video where a guy was flying the jet low to the ground to capture a base to build points, he just fly very low, but he got stuck, since there is not reverse. :duh:

12. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Two hits in the rear exhaust, two-three on top :p

Frontal armour's the strongest; shoot elsewhere :eek:

And to ^ Minimap spottings on, so people appear on minimap when spotted or firing unsuppressed

13. CanItRunSoldat?

CanItRunSoldat? What's a Dremel?

Skill meter is ridiculous. Swings between 31 points and 450....

14. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

do you need to complete campaign before you can do co-op missions?

If not, then anyone want to cheat-grind co-op points with me to unlock the best multiplayer weapons? :naughty:

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

You don't need to complete the campaign.

I'm sure you're right, once I get bored of the m416 I may go back to the army-specific weapons, it's just a bit less fun. Shotguns I am looking forward to, I never really got into them in BC2 (and definitely not BF2) but these frag rounds and flechette rounds etc have me excited!

16. wyx087

flechette rounds are excellent. especially on DAO-12 :D squad killer that is, or even two squad killers if you get behind them!

you can't really grind co-op. there is no unlimited respawn enemies. but the guns it unlock are brilliant. i've unlocked all of them. the last two are the best engineer/assault guns IMHO.

17. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

How is skill calculated?

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

last saturday i was playin in a hardcore map, khadr island.

CP "E" the dock or port or whatever. my squad is rushing toward the building but i stayed behind.
    i climbed one of the container across the bldg and placed my T-UGS and spawn beacon and watch my team as they storm in.

then a chopper with a good pilot SWOOPS into the CP, quickly hovering perfectly just behind the flag, facing the building, and decimating the whole building and the 2nd seat gunner blast my team in it as well, shooting everything.

and there's nothing i can do i thought, other than staying alive (as they didn't notice me behind them) and providing the mobile beacon.

and as soon as they've done their carnage, it perfectly turned around and was flying off...

.... when i aimed my M405 with 4x scope straight to the cockpit and headshot the pilot, making the the chopper immediately nose dive straight into the container where I was crouching.

i immediately jumped down and hide behind another container to take cover from the explosion as it blows up, killing the gunner as well.

2 credit kills and a stomach ache from laughing and crying like an evil scientist for the lucky shot. :rock::rock::rock:

so is frag better than slug now??????

pistols will get a buff. soon (tm).

but yeah, recon with bolt action is pretty much a sniper. which isn't really that bad if u slap a 4x scope, u can go medium range too :D lovin my M405A!

they need C4, sure, BUT the motion sensor is great. it spots anyone that moves within a certain range and shows it on the minimap to your squad AND your team. i placed T-UGS on certain spots and it's almost like wall hacking. my team can easily flank and storm people hiding behind a wall :eeek:

i think the reason DICE dont want to show the range in the minimap coz it currently works virtually unlimited vertically. i can drop it on top of a tower and anything 200m below it i can see.

VERY SWEET :D

Last edited: 7 Nov 2011
  19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624731770357/

also,

dropped a long ass thread on teamwork: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624732251374/

im gettin tired of near-zero teamwork in this game, especially compared to BF2.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2011
  20. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again