1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Lol must be that time

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

It would be good if Dice did another map pack of bf2 maps- ideally mashtur/jelly/dragon/kubra, as those maps would work well with bf3- ideally be able to blow parts of the dam off in kubra.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'd love Mashpotato City and Jalalalalalalabad to make a comeback. Two of my favorite maps.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Dragon Valley is still probably my favourite map from the franchise.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Battle of Midway and El Alamein were always my favourites.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think the problem is that in AK you have a bunch of weird tank destroyers but no synthesis. There are no LAV/BTRs, no extra attack chopper (which would be awesome) and the gunship is relatively pointless. An extra attack chopper would've been far more effective.

It also doesn't help that the balance is still wonky, for one, the Russian AA is terrible in comparison to the LAV-AD, the Russian Chopper seems to suck a bag of..., although the Russian tank destroyer and Tank has fantastic sights, DICE really screwed the balance. I don't know, AK should've been fantastic. The large amount of vehicles didn't help, what killed it to me is the large looming question of: Why all the vehicles in other maps weren't thrown in? Like the LAV/BTR, the A-10?

Aside from the promise of a large amount of vehicles and the lack of diversity, there's the fact that AA seems to be very effective at knocking out choppers and ineffectual against Jets. Now I get that, it makes sense, and the higher rocket damage balances that out. That said, I still wish they'd address the fact that Choppers are made of balsa wood now.

At any rate there's also the issue of maps and rather odd placement for each side. It seems in AK some of the maps are more linear and less flankable.

So what's the point? Despite there being a numerical increase in vehicles, the fact that there is still homogeneity in the selection is a tad disappointing. At least for me.

Plus I'm an LAV/BTR whore. And there aren't any LAVs or BTRs in AK. Nor is there a 2nd attack chopper....screw the nerfed scout choppers.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Having a complete mix of the available vehicles on maps like Bandaar Desert would be the smart thing to have. Give the variety and choice.

With the Scout Choppers, they're still a vicious little blighter once you know you keep your distance and time your Guided Missile shots. Wait for the smoke. I actually quite like the inclusion of a Laser Designator position, it's fun as they can also act as a repairman for you.

Note to anyone who flies Scout Choppers and might be unaware: If you're and engineer flying it and you take damage, veer off away from fire and simply change seat and repair as you would do if you were a passenger. It gives you points and you will simply glide down to the ground and not blow up unless done at speed. Yes, it's cheeky, but it works.

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

That's what I usually do.

As for maps, I would like some of the old BF2 maps to come in like Dragon Valley and Dallan Plant; Then Bad Company 2 maps like Arica Harbor, Oasis, Val-fricken-paraiso, Atacama Desert, etc
    I'd also like some of the 2142 maps included, especially the snow maps

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Elton if their was a 2nd attack chopper most armour would be dead before i could move- the AA would be wiped out as well, its too over powering.

Lavs would have been a good addition, could remove 1 or 2 tanks destoyers.

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

For the most part that was an inside joke. The remaining small part is the consequence of balancing issues associated with tank sniping jets.

SV98 (RDS, Straight Pull Bolt, Flashlight - for the lulz), ~20m engagement. The hatred burt forth from a 20 second period of pain, where it mattered a **** of what I could do. F it, 'twas either this or this battlereport, annnd I know I brought a spoon to a knife fight - I find that fun... until it's out of my hands.

Close Quaters has many small areas with 270 degree buggery, it take no time to jump up on someone. And I don't have any feeling either way for CQ, but I do not like Gun Master when it's time for the LVG :rolleyes:.

Of course you could still say, "go play another game CoD knooob". And yes, actually I am starting to, as BF3 is my first MP game.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Forgot to turn off my hax

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

No, you're just using it properly.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That was one long epic round of Battlefield.

Op Metro stupid amount of tickets. Telltale gets balanced after capping US Team out. I die I switch, Jam Jester joins. Dannyman joins, we push, we get behind. We attack in any way or form possible And we help turn the round into one long slog for A.

Video will be edited. BRO Squad in action folks.

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

16. Elton

I dunno, 2 jets can take out choppers massively effectively. Likewise, there would be another AA to balance it I suppose. But two attack choppers wouldn't be as unbalanced as you would think.

Still if not, I want me LAVs.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Played my first few games in several weeks the last couple of days and didn't realise how much I missed being an AAA and Scout Chopper whore. Feck but I do love my Tunguska.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Looking through the footage from last night without any audio blows goats. It quite simply doesn't work without at least some of the gunfire etc.

Looks like the BRO Squad(s) will have to come into some action again this time with audio.

I will most likely be offline for the next few days due to work.

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Wake Island is the best example when the US takes the RU chopper and its total air rape, jets can take out choppers but against 2 that will light up the jet its going to end up dead and still have to deal with the enemy jets.

AA is okay but the choppers can just tv missile it to death from range and then move in.

20. Elton

But if there are 2 in both sides...:D

No I do see the balance issue, but I just like some variety.