1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Ghost Squad

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/01/29/ghost_squad/1

You may think that light gun games belong in the arcade and only in the arcade, but with an updated and expanded port of the fantastic Ghost Squad to the Wii, Sega begs to differ. Now, we check out the game to see just what it offers!

:baby:

2. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Tim stop publishing content at almost 4am. I'm quite impressed at the score Joe gave this game given how shallow he made it out to be.

3. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Ooh, been after a wii game for two players involving shooting ;) looks like it might fit the bill!

Gah, wii game prices! I don't usually pay £25 for top-notch PC titles these days (Though I find it hard to hold out when they hit £15-18) so its wierd that I looked at £25/$28 and thought "Hrm thats not so bad". I suppose its possible that knowing there have been previous differentials like £35/$30($25?) (RE4:Wii) have borked my perspective a bit when it comes to the wii though :grr:.

4. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

seriously, if you like shooters, this is the game to buy. otherwise, i guess most other people just won't "get it."

also, if you're a score-whore, you'll love this game. after you've beaten the levels, you'll be trying to maximize your accuracy, headshots, quick shots, double downs etc. to get the highest score possible for a long time. i can say that even after having memorized all the enemy locations, and using my favourite gun, my high score is still only 1/2 of the worldwide top score.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's great if you've got a load of friends over too. Bindi, Hiren and I played it together over the weekend and had a right laugh playing through Paradise Mode.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Why two?

7. CardJoe

It stops things getting to confused with stuff going on all over the screen.

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I saw a video of a guy shooting a dolphin with a women gun... or it might have been the other way round... I think that's this game. It looked fun regardless :D

9. CardJoe

That's paradise mode :D

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

wii games are a little on the expensive side these days......

11. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

..you mean sat down...

("y", and "t" next to each other on keyboard simple mistake)

Not that am good at spelling.

I love games like this, especially Silent Scope. Cant wait if that games ever come out on the 360 with a scope, i knew they had it on the old xbox, but not the same without a scope.

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've got that too, I'm a sucker for light gun games:
    HotD 2/3 on xbox (+2 light guns that won't get used on another game (at least I don't think there's another LG shooter on the x-box))
    Time Crisis / Time Crisis 2 (still need to track down 3 and 4), Ninja Assault on the PS1/PS2 (+ G-Con 1+2 guns)
    Die Hard Vendetta on the PS1 (+other non-G-con gun).
    HotD 2 on DS (only managed to track down 1 gun for this though)
    The Drainpipe that was the SNES lightgun +Super 6 cart.
    T2: The Arcade game on the mega drive (haven't been able to get a menacer lightgun as of yet)
    The Sega Master blaster on the Master System along with Op. Wolf
    Video Challenger (video lightgun game +2 videos)....

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I know exactly what you mean about LG games - I have to avoid arcades these days because I'll literally spend ALL of my money in them on whatever LG shooters they have sitting about, especially something like TC2/3.

I don't think I've ever played Ghost Squad, so I'll have to look out for it. Can't buy it though... I'll never stop...

14. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I know about the LG game addiction too

a couple of years ago my friend and I blew $50 on a day binge on ghost squad at an arcade in ocean city when we were visiting (both families went at the same time)

like krikkit, I must also avoid this, as if I get this and the zapper I will be lost for a 1/2 year. (if not longer)

15. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

man, do I love playing Time Crisis in the arcade.. I sure hope my Wii-equiped friends pick this one up

16. Slink

Slink B7

Joe how acurate is the aiming would you say, I remember readinng about the gun attachment somewhere that said the aiming was quite a bit off.

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Aren't the wii remotes laggy? I found the Resident Evil shooter pretty tough.

18. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

This game is awesome in the arcade, one of the games to keep you Wii :(

19. CardJoe

I've had no problems. There's also a function in the menu which lets you set it up so that where you point on the screen is where you shoot, but you need 10foot of room to get it working correctly, which we didn't quite have. We got it kind of working, but not reliably and not in-game.

And no, Jamie, we didn't have any lag at all. We should have another bit get together some time soon and have a game.

Tags: Add Tags