1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards GTX 570 only running at 4x in Maximus gene-z?!?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mark_Skeldon, 22 Feb 2012.

1. Mark_Skeldon

Mark_Skeldon What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Items 1 & 2 that you mention I'll need to check again. I'd like to say that isn't the case, but without looking again I can't be 100% certain.

Item 3 I've already tried. I reset the BIOS to total stock settings, then worked through disabling all features not needed (iGPU, ports, audio etc).

I've got some free time at the weekend, so I'll tear down the rig and check for anything physical.
    Shame though, as my TIM has a 200 hour cure cycle :lol:

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Does the graphics card work properly in other boards? Can you test the CPU in another board? It should work at the full 16x bandwidth if plugged into the top slot, but seeing as your link is so inconsistent it could be an issue with either motherboard, CPU or graphics card.

3. Mark_Skeldon

Hi Bindibadgi,

I've tried the card in two other boards and they both report full 16x pci-e 2.0. I don't have another 1155 board to try the CPU in however. Like you said, I would have thought it would have ran at full speed in the top slot. I checked the slot (blew it out with compressed air) and cleaned the pins on the card so I don't think the problem is there.

I'm going to remove the CPU from the board to check for anything physical with the socket or the CPU as per what Faugusztin mentioned. Failing that where would I stand? I'm on the latest 0902 BIOS. My gut feeling is saying that the board is at fault :(

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Arrange an RMA with your retailer citing the evidence above.

5. Mark_Skeldon

Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. Ah well, if it needs to be done, then it needs to be done :sigh: