1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HD-DVD - it's here!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 18 Apr 2006.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I agree with that, I pretty much hate anything Sony stands for :p

On another note though I feel HD-DVD has more chance as the general consumer may think along the lines of naming conventions. HD-DVD is very self explainatory (HD-DVD's play on HD TV's) but blue-ray really to most people means nothing at all and you can't really link its name to anything specific.

Just my 2pence looking at it from a different angle other than the actual capacity wars.

2. Kaze22

Kaze22 What's a Dremel?

I'm the opposite I hope Sony wins, I can't stand Toshiba's shoddy worksmanship. One bad experience with a Toshiba laptop has tarnished their reputation in my eyes forever.
    On a side note, I didn't notice this before but it would seem that HD DVD players don't support 1080p, not that I was gonna get one anyway. But it seems a little short sighted to have a next generation HD player that doesn't even do full HD. Honestly isn't it ripping off the customers a bit selling them so called HD players that only do 1080i, 2 years from now 1080p sets will be very common are HD DVD people suppose to buy new players in 2 years or are they just suppose to live without 1080p but I guess if you don't have a 1080p set it doesn't matter. It just seems a little short sighted from a marketing stand point.

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

erm quick question. has anybody seen the packaging for Hd-dvd and BluRay, are they the same size boxes as DVDs or will we need new size shelves again?

Tags: Add Tags