1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HighSpeed PC Tech Station

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 2 Mar 2006.

1. BG_Geno

BG_Geno What's a Dremel?

I also was mystified as to why HSPC placed the motherboard on the bottom shelf. It is the main reason I desided to do the DIY Test bench article--other than the price. As all of you seem to have opinions on the subject, please have a look at mine and offer your tips as well.

http://boxgods.com/dept/modding/index.php?Action=Article&ID=188

Though be sure to at least look at all the pictures so you have a good grasp of the design. The video shows a system being assembled in just minutes with water cooling if you have the bandwidth for the download.

Geno

2. SkoobyDont

SkoobyDont What's a Dremel?

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I am SO building one of those!! I think ill start on making my own custom plans right now...

4. customh

customh conflagration.

What do you mean with "Fatal flaw with motherboard ontop of liability tho." ??????
    Maybe it is easier for damage but its meant for ease of testing and stuff right? Not protection of motherboard.

Edited for ease of lazy bums, tell me this isnt image leeching bigz.
    [​IMG]

5. mattthegamer463

Perhaps build a sort of roll cage for the motherboard? Designed so it doesnt impeed access but keeps your components safe(r)?

6. BG_Geno

BG_Geno What's a Dremel?

Though the idea of a top has been presented before and I can see where it might be useful for those just running an open case, I think it defeats the ourpose of a TEST BENCH in that the primary goal is access...plain and simple.

Also, if you add a clear plex top or some other type of top, you end up with heat disipation issues. Its a test bench, I need to be able to assemble a complete system in 2 minutes, be able to swap any component in a minute...

Roll Cage--thats a funny image though I see your intent...roll cage...then it would REALLY look like a big yellow hummer LOL

Geno

7. SkoobyDont

SkoobyDont What's a Dremel?

SORRY :hehe:

Seems like they even have CAD files with all dimentions... now I dont have an exsuse not to build it!

8. BG_Geno

BG_Geno What's a Dremel?

If you have thumbs you have no excuse as it really is simple to build :D

Geno

9. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Good to see someone from the company around here - and the discussion clearly shows lots of interest in this product.

Just right now it's not good enough for people who do this as a hobby... maybe IT staff might like it more...

Like the addition of Patent Pending and everybody else looking into ways of building one - but that's just poor legal humour

10. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

I built a case like the Tech Station out of Al angle from Lowes, cost me maybe $20, but then again I had rivets and all the tapping tools and all from my dad... My design had the PSU and drives below the board, tho. :hehe:

11. mattthegamer463

Can we see some pics?

Tags: Add Tags