1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you join Bit

Discussion in 'General' started by r4tch3t, 2 Jan 2007.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

looking for modding guides on google to expand my knowledge got me here, lurked around for about a year and then registered.

2. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

knew at least one would do it!!!

i cant rem how i joined tell you the truth

3. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- New Member

I first came to bit back in 01-early 02 when someone on my (formerly) regular forum posted a link to Macro Black. I registered at the time, but never posted. Flash forward to 2005, when I finally left the old site, I couldn't remember any of my details! Being the lazy sob that I am, I simply created a new name, using what has been my gaming name for over 10 years now. My post count it still in noob territory, I'm a lurker by nature here. I've come really close to posting project logs here once or twice, but have never considered either of them to be "good enough" for BT. High bar indeed!

4. seebul

seebul Active Member

Same as me really, was searching for 'modding' on google as i had just built my pc, and it got me through to bit-tech! :p

5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I joined when Rich told me that he and Koolvin were starting this new modding site and I should check it out. Back when BiT was a baby :D

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I googled for something work related and followed the threads to BT. Then found that it was more interesting than work, so came back regularly.

7. z4114

z4114 FACE!

Started off asking a super-noob question about masking tape's conductivity. Been a constant reader of the site and used to only post when I felt something needed to be said for about 4 years. But now work's slow so I'd figure I would integrate myself a little bit deeper into the culture on work on my post count.

If a mod could dredge up some stats I'm curious to see if im one of the most ancient low-post members that's still a regular.

Oh, and BT is one of my favorite places to go to on the web. I've lost so many work hours due to viewing project logs I feel guilty that BT isn't getting a cut of my paycheck.

8. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

lolz. Don't ask.

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

i was considering building my first computer and heard about modding, after searching around i read some stuff on here and decided to join up and ask a few questions, i've been here ever since (actually i did stop coming on here for about a year, then found it again).

10. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

I'm sure if you talked with staff they would happily accept a donation ;)

(not serious)

11. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

I joined when i got fed up of reading american / chinese modding sites, i think i just googled 'uk modding sites' one day, joined the forums in 2002 but was reading since late 2001

12. Dodge

Dodge New Member

used to work on a tech site and bit-tech used to send out tech news story's, do tech sites still do that, with like /. and digg? it was back in the days when affiliates were "cool" and everyone was on 56k.. that was A LONG time ago

13. liquid_gen

liquid_gen New Member

i think it was when i first got into computers (in depth) and hardware which was also when first news came of a 512MB GPU (Nvidia 6800 GT or sumthing i think) and started i googling for more news on it which led me to here XD

14. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly New Member

Joined after OCS Forums closed :( I've been modding a looong time :p

15. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

R.I.P. :waah:

I joined when I was reading reviews of this or that. the bit link was in a co-op list of links to other tech sites. When I saw the mods, I had to join.

BTW, what ever happened to linear? His site is still up, but he hasn't been around here in a long time.

:waah:

Last edited: 11 Jan 2007
  16. orb

orb satisfying.

register.php

17. Snood

Snood New Member

a friend introduced me to the world of modding and shoed me a few project logs here. he stopped using BT and i started using BT loads... i've had a lul while i've been getting into photography but i'm back and active again.

18. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

A bad day indeed

19. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

linked from a pc modding gallery to macro black.

20. ping2low

ping2low New Member

overclocking the E6300

yes thanks bit-tech :rock: