1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding how do I remove the molex connectors on the psu

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Spy246, 19 Jun 2004.

1. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

How do I remove a molex to sleave a psu

well this is probably one of the n00biest threads on this forum but luckily for me, I am a n00b. I'm currently starting to mod my computer and the first thing i wanna do is sleeve my psu. How do I do that and also how do i remove the molex connectors on the psu. I do not have a molex remover so is there another way i could remove it.

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

cut and solder wires :duh:

3. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

4. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

This may sound n00bish but I can't remove my molex connectors on my psu. I'm probably the biggest n00b on the forum but I am starting my first project and the first mod I am doing is sleeving the psu. Can anyone tell me how to sleeve the psu and remove the molex connectors without that special tool. I have all the material to sleeve the psu i just don't know how to.

5. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

There is a thread devoted to this somewhere on the forums. Basically, though, just in case you can't find it:

To remove the female connector, cut the end off of a 1/8" audio plug, and ansert it in the hole. Should just pop out.

To remove the male, use the back of the cartridge of a Papermate pen.

Full credit goes where it's due. I'm just repeating these methods and by no means did I invent them.

~Chrizzle

6. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

I still find that a tiny (jewellers) screwdriver works fine. Just stick it down along side the pin (pin side not wire side) where the little barbs are (you should see them) and apply pressure inwards. Do it on both sides and the wire should basically fall out. Takes a bit of practice but it gets easier.

7. DjmUK

DjmUK What's a Dremel?

8. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I use a small screwdriver to press the barb in, or most times a bent paper-clip. Open the barb slightly before putting them back together. Highly technical instructions here.

9. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Mod Guides forum is a place to post Mod Guides. ;)

Moving...

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

And please don't post the same thing in several forums, threads merged. :eyebrow:

If you want to know how to apply sleeving, see macroman's guide on the Bit-Tech site, forgotten the url.