1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware HP 2133 Mini-note sub-notebook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Jun 2008.

1. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

agreed

2. Xir

Xir Modder

...saw the "First" EEE701 in a Store here...so the first sigting apart from online-stores.

EEE900? Nope, not even online

3. baius

baius What's a Dremel?

I'd like this laptop, despite it's poor internals. If you up the internals, you might drop the battery time (futher) - that would be tragic indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_Nano doesn't seem too bad on the new chip, but time will tell.

As it stands, I'd be after the Vista Business version, 2gb ram, 1.6ghz processor. I know battery life would be horrific, and performance even more so, but the form factor would be perfect. I'd want good DivX / XviD playback, and good Office (2003) capability. Then, I'd be quite happy.

I think it would have been nice to have a C2m[obile] or Atom chip as an alternative option.

A word people: Touch Screen. I know HP have other options in this regard (I'm an exceedingly happy user of the TC1100), but it would be nice to have it as an option here as well - due to the form factor. The TC1100 feels just slightly too big. The OQO 01+ is good for films, but too small for major productivity. 8.9" seems like a good compromise.

HP's strategy seems to be to not over-complicate things with numerous options, which is in one sense good (keeps things simple) and another sense bad (lack of choice). I understand their decision.

I'm not sure whether to buy this or wait for a later model (if any - TC1100 discontinued, despite greatness). Whatcha think?

Tags: Add Tags