1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know I've been here awhile, but...

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulusCliftus, 30 Jan 2008.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Hi - You may know me as GOO from various forum postings. But in real life I'm Jason, 35 (soon to be 36), an IT Consultant and Ex Bit-Tech Staffer / Ex Moderator who lives in - shock horror - NORTHAMPTON! :D

All this talk about Rubbish and Dustbins though is distressing. Need a local team to follow? Try the local RFC :)

Yes, I know we got relegated last year - but just because we're in the Div 1 gutter, we're still looking at the stars... Premiership, here we come! ;)

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

My names Joe and I need to get out more to avoid thinking that things like this are a good use of my time :p

3. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Interesting designs on those boards.

I work retail, but mainly work in the Photo Lab. Hence forth my hobbies include, *gasp*, photography and various expensive gadgets either for camera or not. I do various computer tech work at random as well.

:)

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I hail from one of the biggest cities in Norway.

I've been in IT for most of my life after getting my first PC at age 8 (I'm now 31 - today as it happens! Yay for being born on the last day of Winter-een-mas! :D ).
    Currently I work for the government as an IT-advisor and project manager for digital schooling.

Random fact of interests; science and technology. Oh, and I read quite a lot - particularly history and science fiction.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2008
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

im ronnie, im a student doing a bachelor of it, i live in new zealand but my aunty/cousins live in northamptonshire

6. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

What nice board designs!

Ok *stands up* Hi, I'm Tia, I'm 22 and live in Melbourne, Australia. I work full time for an Australian clothing and footwear company as manager of one their stores. Not my life ambition but it's paying my bills at the moment :grin:

I love travelling, I had some great times in the UK and Europe last year and I'm planning to go to the US and Canada for 5 or 6 weeks toward the end of this year. Wooohoooo!

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

what a bachelor of being a student?? ;)

8. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Meh..why not

I’m 20, 21 in a few weeks, I’m currently working for General Motors Europe as an IT Security Analyst. Its a fancy way of putting pen-pusher (I write policies and organize vendors/contractors). Will be finishing in 6 months to go back to Birmingham to finish my degree (Computer Networks & Security).

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

No, he's student nailing someone who's a bachelor in IT.

10. Renze

Renze What's a Dremel?

*cowers at others postcounts and attempts his own addition to the thread* :sigh:

I'm Darryl, 21(22 in two weeks:waah:), from explosive ol' Belfast. Studying Computer Science at uni here, ym course got re-jigged so my year was the first to have a module in Games Programming, it took a while to get over having a lecture about the mechanics of Mario jumping on a Koopa :D

Currently on a placement working for the local electricity provider as a techie/slave, getting paid loads (by comparison) but can't wait to go back to uni so I can sleep in again and start my 3D games programming and Artificial Intelligence modules.

Modding experiance = Big hole in the side of my old 'Tiny' pc for a window :dremel:

11. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

If it makes you feel any better, mine is only in (little..) triple figures because I lurk in the General forum and just.. give my opinion.. :p I only joined bit-tech to answer hippos thread on moving to another country..

This is an interesting thread though, I'm not used to being old *gasp!*

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yo, im Sam, 19, comming on 20 (will start to go grey soon), I live in Tangmere, Near Chichester which is old folk capital of the South in Blighty.
    The Weathers miserable, im miserable and i work in the most 'Upper Class' suppermarket in the UK
    Went to College with Brooxy and sc4mpi from this forums and studied National Diploma in IT.

Sam

13. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Well I'm supporting the South; I live near Reading and Henley. Doing a gap year waiting for MechEng at Bristol! I sit in front of a computer all day at work.

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I'm Rob, 24, Left School at 16, then travelled the world for the next 4 years fixing Radars for Marconi.
    Spent a year on London Underground as a night shift Electrician's mate, I'm now looking after 3 Major Car Manufacturer's Global Websites.

15. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

They paid you in pasta?

Work in Soho at a film company, live in Camden, originally from the better part of the country (t'up north)

16. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

yay! Saints, I don't go much anymore!

I didn't think anyone else actually lived in Northamptonshire!

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

goo, I had you down as being older. Like, over 50. My illusions are shattered. Thanks ;)

I'm Darren, working for a well-known tyre company (well, they are our parent company) in an office downstairs. I'm 33. And I have no cheesecake.

Still, could be worse.

18. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

both are true

19. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

No problem. I'll put away my illusion shattering hammer now...

So no, not that old. Not yet. And maybe not at all if Mrs GOO catches me tracking in more oil into the house. :)

Why ever not? You missed a cracking match last Saturday - Saints 96 - Sedgley Park 3! - We thought they where going to break the scoreboard near the end... ;)

20. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder