1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music I made a song with my sister

Discussion in 'General' started by drakmin, 25 Jan 2011.

1. sikander

sikander What's a Dremel?

Thats just so wonderful to see siblings havin a time . I will try to write a song with my younger brother .

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Excellent job man! Very professional sounding, I need more music like this.

3. Matticus

Matticus ...

Wow, great job! The vocals are brilliant. I agree with others in regards to it being about a million times better than most amateur tracks kicking about on youtube.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I like it. Really hope to hear more from you and your sister. There is some real talent there. :)

To be honest, it sounds better than much of the professionally made music out on the market today. Maybe not in production quality, but when it comes to talent it's pretty good. :)

And yeah, rep from me too. :thumb:

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well, what can i say that others haven't already. Very nicely done :thumb: +rep.

I'll a slightly sound engineering nerdery comment or two though.
    - Everyone is spot on about the drums. They're just a tiny bit too harsh. Not necessarily too loud just a bit too in your face. It may be a combination of the level and samples themselves. Maybe have a play around with levels, a few softer samples or maybe even a couple of gentle effects on them.
    - Your sister has an excellent voice, that is without question. However (and this point could easily be viewed as personal preference/taste/whatever) it sounded just a little bit odd when she harmonized with herself. Obviously not everyone will know lots of vocalists and presumably you'd like to keep this as a duo with just you and your sister but if you could get someone else who actually is naturally a step above or below her range it would blend it a little more evenly.

After re-reading, both of those points could be down to personal preference lol but hey, they're my ears :lol:

Just keep it going and give us more!

P.S. Dunno who you lot think she reminds you of but i'm hearing Bjork half an octave down. Plus she also bears a striking resemblance to Hayley Williams.

6. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I came back to say just that. Bjork came up on Pandora and it just kinda clicked. Also sort of hearing Mary Timony but the opposite, Mary is a bit lower. Check out Team Sleep - Tomb of Ligeia.