1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other I need a new pair of work shoes!

Discussion in 'General' started by LithiumDesign, 6 May 2013.

1. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

You've read the title, need me a new pair of work shoes. I work in a shop so I'm on my feet all day for 8+ hours and pretty much always on the move :geek:

Don't want to spend more than £100 in all honesty but if I can be convinced it's worth the money I may push the boat out! They need to be semi hard wearing, move boxes around in a not so clean stock room and have a habit of opening doors with my feet :worried:

Also need a good pair of insoles, heard gel ones are absolute heaven but I have no idea!

Like the look of these, simple but sophisticated :naughty: (Dune Apres)
    [​IMG]

Not a massive fan of those ones with loads of holes in but some are quite nice...

Many thanks in advance! :thumb:

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As an intermediary between very pricey and bargain basement, have a look at Clarks. I've been buying them for years, and always been pleased with them.

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I got these a little while ago, and they sound perfect for your "tough but smart" for the stockroom.

I wear them to work in an office, and the leather on them is a good solid effort, and since I've hurt my foot for the last 2 weeks the support has been great over my brown Poste shoes.

[​IMG]

As per your spec they have the holes etc, but I would advise having a look at the brand, just because they seem reasonable, and pretty solid as far as work shoes go.

r.e. Clarks, they make good solid shoes for doing all day standing up stints in. Their aero range feel really soft even after a full day on your feet (bar work while a student), but the do lack a little in the fashion arena.

4. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Have a look at john white shoes. I have about 30 pairs. Every pair is like putting on a pair of slippers. Also can get a sizeable discount on them
    www.johnwhiteshoes.com

5. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Cheers for the speedy suggestions guys! Planning a shoe shopping trip later in the week, Clarks is on the list amongst other independent retailers!

I work on the shopfloor and only go in the stock room to hunt for stock so 99% of the time I'm on the shop floor, just the stock room is a bit tatty!

Those are awesome Lance, maybe a bit OTT for my taste, especially with the zig-zagged trim? The rest of the site looks good!

jiwizard, those are some swanky looking shoes but out of my price range unfortunately!

Can anyone recommend any reliable/good brands?

6. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

My wife is known in her native tongue as the destroyer of shoes and Clarks have always stood up to her abuse.