1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a program to controls network computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by tranc3, 11 Jul 2008.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I posted about a program called "synergy" but it's not exactly what i want, what I'm looking for is a way to run a second computer (on the same privet network) on my computer in a window if possible. the purpose of this would be to fix computers remotely, or set up programs remotely. and just for kicks.
    I've found some for over the internet. and they all seem to cost. So if any one has any knowledge of this kind of software it'd help me allot, thanks.

2. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

If you are on a private network, I would just use remote desktop connection that is built into windows. If it is over a WAN or internet and not a work environment I personally use LogMeIn http://www.logmein.com as they have a free version and it works quite well for supporting family member computers when they call me up asking to fix something, only thing it doesn't do on the free version is file transfer which I don't need often. All you do is install the client on their PC when you log into your account from it and then you are set to go for any time you want to connect from anywhere and it works with firefox.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Or use TightVNC

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i use UltraVNC, it's quite old and it's free.

it's even good for across the internet.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

UltraVNC is free and Vista compatible... but personally I use Vista's own Windows Remote Desktop.
    NOTE that you a computer to be able to host the remote connection FOR windows own remote desktop (aka: the computer that you will want to connect to) needs to be XP Pro or Vista Ultimate, Enterprise or Business edition. You can also limit it to the account you want to be able to log-in.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Awesome I've tried "logmein" seemed simple enough i have a few of the ones mentioned i'll try them out some time to day, thanks every one.

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

tight VNC was exactly what i was looking for
    [​IMG]

Thanks every one.

8. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

I really NEED that wallpaper, where'd ye download it?

9. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

4chan? and I'll upload it to photo bucket it.
    [​IMG]

here ya go that's the only size i have (click for full view)