1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice i5 or i7, overclocking advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr. Ducky, 25 Oct 2009.

1. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

2. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I hope you guys realise what you've just done... I'm about to go price up a 920 with mobo combo!

I'm still going to want to save elsewhere there, would it be a heinous crime to put such a combo in an Antec 300? I'm sure I've seen in someone else's sig that they've got that setup.

3. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

:duh:

Check out Scan!!
    Go to there Today Specials!! - some really good deals on there..

had a look for some bargains earlier..

4. slambittech

slambittech Minimodder

what link for the cheapest ram? i see reviews for hd4890 and looks like a good card, so i went ahead and ordered one from dabs. will build this weekend and see how good it is, wanna get cod4 2 so should work with it. didnt go for the new ati cards yet because they didnt get better reviews, plus directx 11 is not wirth it right now, mayb in a years time but right now its at the early stages so if i want to upgrade then i will probably have more choices etc. what new is not always better, also budget was £100 but the card was '£140 so didnt really wanna spend any more.
    if i was to upgrade later in 2 years or so ill prob buy a new pc.

the one i built 6 yrs ago is still running smoothly and strongly. amd 2600 lol. 512mb, (upgraded to 1gb) lol, still running xp and its faster than some people running vista. lol. and it only cost me like 500 quid back then.