1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ideas for my matrix-themed mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by robotguy9000, 19 Jun 2004.

1. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

ok i had another idea. the sentinel will be ripping through the top, right?

this means that i haveto put a window on my CD drive, so between the scraps of metal torn off you can see a lighted up CD. Sound good?

2. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

this sounds cool. im a big fan of the matrix series too, and im looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

as for the cd..... a thought occurs.

you could mod the window in the top, then shine a red led or something down onto it, so it reflects up onto the sentinel. when the cd spins, it should flicker nicely when it spins if parts of the cd are reflective.

3. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

oooh oooh oooh

i just had an idea, in not sure how workable it is, or even if its workable at all.

if your gonna cut the lid off the top of your cdrom..... can you kind of stick one or two of the arms of the sentinel onto the tray of the cdrom, somewhere at the back end, out of the way of everything..... then when the cdrom ejects, the tray will pull the sentinel down into the hole, and when the tray inserts, it will push the sentinel back up through the hole.

dunno if you can make it work, but it would be cool if you could ;)

4. robotguy9000

good idea, but i don't think it would work, mainly because the arms of the sentinel are not very flexible.

but i'm starting my CD mod today, do you think i whould do a specific design or etch?

5. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

hmmm, thought about adding some plexi onto the top of the window? rather than an etch or something. so it looks like the sentinel has ripped open the lid, and its starting to tear into the cd rom? you could have a plexi window under a torn open cdrom top, and make it look like your sentinel is breaking through several layers?

if not, what about some of the matrix code, on the cdrom window, and some green led's to light the cdrom. you could aim them down onto the cdrom and see if you can get a flicker or shimmer effect when the cdrom spins (or even the cdrom activity light if you want to go all out, then you could edgelight the plexi and the code symbols would glow, like the sentinel has dug into the matrix when your cdrom is in use). if your window had the matrix code etched into it, a flickering green light could probably make it look pretty cool. especially if you painted the inside of your cdrom black.

lol, after reading that, i think im pushing the limits of "helpfull suggestions" and bordering on the "fanboy geek" limit.

6. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

I can see this in my head but I'm not sure how well it'll come out, so here goes ...

Have the DVD drive sticking out of the top of the case at an angle from underneath the sentinel (perhaps you could make it look like the sentinel's little "feet" on the bottom of its body (not the tentacles) are standing on it), but use a slot load drive so that the slot lines up with the front of the sentinel.

Then you could do ZapWizard's LED mod on it (red), so when there's a disk in the drive it looks kinda like the sentinel is shooting out a red laser as it tears up the case.

Not sure how easy that would be to do or how well it would come off, but it's just a thought :)

7. robotguy9000

i like it, and im going to use it

but, im going to use a normal dvd drive. this would look like the cd is coming out of the case (obviously) but i think it would add a certain feel to it.

8. NoRemorse

NoRemorse What's a Dremel?

Some of my (twisted) idee's:
    - This computer needs a phone, maybe use it to switch your computer on and off? Could be some remote control thingy.
    - Lots of dropping numbers, maybe add a lcd kinda thingy?
    - Moving metal pieces, so that your case looks alive. Like the robots in the movie.
    - Lots of wires.
    - A cable to insert into the back of your neck. (or maybe just into your keyboard?)

Use this for inspiration, not guidance. Cause if you tried to do them all this mod would never be finished. And if you did finish it, it would all be too much for one mod. :dremel:

9. robotguy9000

i llike these ideas. the phone sounds awesome, mebe get an old payphone?

[​IMG]

10. NoRemorse

Why not? :hip: ... just try not to overdo it :D

11. robotguy9000

12. NoRemorse

Wow, might turn out rather expensive, but if you got the money :naughty: And I guess there would be alot of parts in that payphone that could be used for this and other projects.

Hmm, what about a mod where you have to put on money or insert your phone card to turn it on?! If I get a hold of something like that I know what to do with my next project :thumb:

13. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

If you want, I can give you a copy of my aston skin, with the scrolling matrix code screensaver. Complete the theme, man.
    Here is a pic of it.

PEACE

Last edited: 23 Jul 2004
  14. robotguy9000

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

yes!!! where'd you get that?!?!?!

15. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

I modifyed it from another persons skin; didn't do much besides the wallpaper, which I found on google (8th link)). It uses Aston shell(like 29 bucks) for the rest, but I just have the wallpaper for my desktop now. If you want the shell skin and all, I could send the file for the skin to you; just ask. I'll even make the buttons say what you want them to if you ask real nice :D.

PEACE

Last edited: 30 Jun 2004
  16. NoRemorse

Oftopic: A very god alternative to aston shell is Litestep, It rocks.

17. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

With the cable idea, it would be cool if there was a way to mod the main power cable into some big-ass coaxial style cable (just like the Matrix plugs just perhaps a bit smaller) then do the same for the connector on the PSU so you really do have to "jack in" to switch it on :D

(Though I'd imagine that would be very difficult, or maybe that's just my total lack of EE knowledge talking!)

18. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

Thanks. I have been looking for an alternative to Aston, but could not find one I liked. Thnx.

PEACE

19. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

If your looking for ideas for the sides. And not the best painter like myself. FrozenCPU.com makes custom case skins. You just find the images you like. Send them in and they will send you back a idea of what it would look like. Could do some the matrix code. Or just about anything you want. Just a thought.

20. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

i dont know in witch of the 3 movies it was, i tought in reloaded. but there is an shot where you see a metal board in the nebuqanezard (think i wrote it the wrong way) with the name and date of build of it, maybe nice to make 1 for yourself and mount it on the right side of your case?