Playstation 3 In Summary, the PS3 sucks.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 5 Jun 2006.

1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

New from the Inquirer,
    Read the rest, if you didnt catch it the first time, here.

2. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Very interesting read. I hope that this improves for Sony's sake. The big S is about to take a bug dump it looks like...

3. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Its really scary to note that the future of Sony and their gaming brand rests on the resulting sales of the PS3, but, would it be such a bad thing if they left us for good, some how i think not, maybe games will move on and so will the industry?

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

Sony are HUGE. But they have put a lot into this PS3. I think they'll still sell some but if this is true then I can't see them selling too many

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Only if the public catches on, which they most likely will not.

It might scare away some developers, leaving the PS3 a rather gameless console, leaving all the hordes of fanboys who bought it sour because they have very little to play, but sony will still sell the consoles.

The PS3 might damage thier reputation with the public enough to mean they will have trouble with the PS4, but they're still gonna sell a ****-load of units come release day.

EDIT: Woops accidentally bypassed the filters.

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

Ye agreed. Basically what I'm saying is that they won't disappear ;)

7. smityjoe

smityjoe What's a Dremel?

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Lol, i dont need to read it. IGN are prob one of the most biased sites out there. Sony and other big firms literally have these guys on their payrole, PS3 is broken...and overpriced. Even if the public dont know it's broken they will atlest see the price and choose either the Wii or Xbox360, simple really.

EDIT: and yes this has been brought up a few days ago...but it still dosent explain why the cell underperforms so BADLY.

9. smityjoe

smityjoe What's a Dremel?

if u dont read it u wont know wat im taking about. and as for the cell underperforming, come on the console isnt even out yet and the games arent even finished yet. same goes for the wii's games. consider that the ps3 launch games will look as good if not better on launch day than the xbox360's were on launch day. hell the games at launch look the same as the 360's games that have been in development for a good while.

we wont see wat system is the most powerful for few years yet. hell graphics dont even matter anyways its the games.

10. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

And the price. If the PS3 costs as much as everyone thinks it will, Nintendo and MS will own them.

I did a straw poll of the guys in my office the other day---physics geeks, mid 20's, with a fair whack of disposable income. The consensus seems to be "the PS2 was boring, and the PS3 looks horribly overpriced". I think Sony have really shot themselves in the foot with this one...

Sam

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Now do the same in Japan and the idea will be the exact opposite: The PS2 is awesome and they will buy the PS3 because it's a Japanese company and they have generally more disposible income.

It's a Japanese company afterall.

12. Uncle Psychosis

So is Nintendo...

Sam

13. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

nintendo are massive over there too, even more so than sony.

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

and they love their crazy mind warping nonsence games, something nintendo prides itself at. I love em!

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont think so. Lets see. The PS1 costs more than the N64 and sony won. The PS2 cost alot more than the game cube and guess who won there.....Sony.

I paid £400 for both the PS1 and the PS2 and with inflation £500 for a PS3 aint bad either.

16. Uncle Psychosis

It must be nice having more money than sense :D

Sam

17. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

PWn3d!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

QFT....

Yeah, I'm actually a Sony fanboy, (or thought I was) and I probably won't be getting a PS3 until the price drops, and I see some results...

500 bucks, that's damn expensive for a gaming system....

19. gauntlet

gauntlet What's a Dremel?

all i can say is that as long as mgs4 makes its way to the 360 i have absolutely no need to pay 400 and watever pounds for a ps3, its rediculous, i love my 360 and i will love my wii. maybe when im a millionaire or when the ps3 is less than 200 i will get one but i dnt really see it happening before that...

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

You cant expect somehting to be chaeper when prices on everyhting is going up. I remeber paying 20P for a mars bar at school. Now they cost 60p.

My Sega saturn and PS1 was £400 on release and some people even bought imported Saturns and PS1's ones at £800 before release which was crazy but people didnt complain.

My amiga 500 Plus cost £500, more than 10 or 12 years ago and that was really expensive then. £500 now is cheaper to us now, than it was 10 years ago.

Its not having more money than sences.

Regardless how much the consoles costs as its a one off payment. The games cost is what to worry about.

XBOX 360 games are £50 and sony PS3 and WII are £50. Thats something to complain about. But then Snes and Mega Drive games used to cost £50 a go. I had a snes and megadrive when I was a kid and owned about 2-3 games on each as I couldnt afford them.

Pre order your WII games now on play.com at £50 a time. How many are you actually gonna get or afford huh???

I say the XBOX 360 and WII will be a good price but the PS3 cant be seen as expensive when past consoles cost far more in the good old days. People paid it then and will pay it now.