Playstation 3 In Summary, the PS3 sucks.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 5 Jun 2006.

1. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

mikeuk2004, what (I believe) Uncle Psychosis was saying was that those were poor choices to spend so much money on (implying that he dislikes the Sony's different playstations and sees any amount - especially the higher prices - as a waste of money).

And yes - inflation does play a part in prices. But the PS3 can and will be seen as being expensive, despite past consoles also being expensive. A good deal of why people are saying its expensive is because there's very little apparent quality in the console for that quantity of money - no "big titles", no huge improvements in graphics compared to the other consoles (there may be some difference, but not a HUGE amount), nothing revolutionary about the console.

That's why people think the PS3 sucks.

2. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

TBH, anyone that buys a computer game for £50 needs their head examined. I also think people that buy the console on the release day should probably get themselves checked out too.

Lets face it, wait a few months. The price'll drop, places will actually have things in stock, and there's less chance of shelling out mega bucks for a game that looks great but is actually shite.

I'm perfectly happy with my attitude to computer games---wait a whole generation. I bought a GC about 3 months ago for £33, including 7 games. I've since bought about another 7 games for no more than £5 a piece. I still get all the fun of a GC, without having to pay the fan-boy prices some people seem willing to put up with!

Oh, and I still maintain that the PS2 was a boring POS. I played my SNES more often than my flatmate's one!

Sam

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

The whole 16MB/s thing is reading from RSX memory.
    Why would the Cell need to read from graphics memory?
    Comon guys, you have to read in between the lines when visiting The Inquirer.

Doubtless I'll be flamed in one way or another for this, regardless of my views on Sony (they suck, bad).