1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Intel drops details of X99, 8 Core CPUs, Cheap OC Pentium, Devils Canyon at GDC 2014

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 20 Mar 2014.

1. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

I don't like the thermal TIM stuff Intel used; I doubt that the chips with it are going to last long...
    I would take the new 4790; now we must wait if only the "K" parts are technically improved or the whole lineup; just a month to wait, no big deal. :D

The "E" chips should have a normally priced piece if Intel means serious with that "return to desktop"; I doubt it however; not worth is also the motherboard surplus and even more the DDR4.

Anyway, in a month the things should clear up :) :brrr:

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Who else is tempted to buy a Pentium Anniversary chip to clock its nuts off? :D

I'm so glad Intel finally realised their mistake and have (read: we will see) sorted the thermal issue out. Shame they hadn't done it sooner. It would've saved me delidding and lapping my chip.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Me! hoping to get employed this summer! finding it real hard to find work at the moment.
    But a new rig will be on the things to buy list when i do, and a super clocked Anniversary chip may be on the cards!

4. Kyocera

terrorist :lol: :lol:

5. TheMadDutchDude

Haha. :D

At least I am not the only one wanting to do that. I hope they're released soon!!

6. Kyocera

the TIM does not last long, maybe we are going to see your face-lift procedure quite often in the years to come :)) to save the PC (considering the motherboards are "locked" to one generation of chips)

I would like Asus and Gigabyte to make 3D motherboards like in Apple Mac Pro; the old tower PCs are so surpassed.... everything gets smaller and then you get that huge case that is 90% air on the inside...stupid!

7. TheMadDutchDude

It's of very poor quality, that's the problem.

I put Noctua NT-H1 in there before I got my liquid metal, and it lasted the entire time. Temperatures did not suffer at all.

The liquid metal cannot be beat though. It's bloody amazing. :D

8. Kyocera

Intel probably cooked that TIM in their mess :D :))
    "want a spoon of it, dear?"

jokes on the side, I forgot about the third wish item; Quantum Dots PC monitors :) with high resolution :)

9. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Aah - Z97 for the 1150 boys, X99 for the 2011-3 men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Intel drops details of X99, 8 Core CPUs, Cheap OC Pentium, Devils Canyon at G...

DDR4 listed on ARIA, SCAN and Overclockers - 2xGigabyte X99 boards on ARIA - going to be an expensive September.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2014
  11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

ARIA have taken down the two X99 boards - I bought a PSU over the counter from them last Sat, and told the chap behind the counter that they may be breaching the NDA - guess they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk