1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Dec 2005.

1. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Great news, so the Yonah, if nothing else, will be intels route back into the game then. S'good to see things finally heating up :D

2. Nature

Nature Minimodder

ASUS made an adapter for the Pentium M to be on 478 mobo's. I hope they do same for El Yonah.

Last edited: 1 Jan 2006
  3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Pentium M you mean? And no they won't 875/865 chipsets cant cope with DC CPU's afaik... There should be no need either as there should be desktop capable mobos... the chips also use DDR2 :)

4. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Yeah, my bad.

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

im quite impressed with the new core(s), yes i know its expensive but i think people are now leaning towards multi-tasking, at the moment i cant game and encode, which is annoying but not a problem as i dont do much of it becuase im crap lol BUT back on topic.

Thats enough processing power to run everything on the market and probably at least another year or so into the future so surely having something that can do a few other things in the background is a goodsend. I know i have to leave my comp be when i do a thorough scan with avast (hmmmm lovely avast, *strokes icon*) and that bugs the hell out of me that i cant do much else apart from word process (which at the moment is ok becuase im doing so much work)

hmmm soz bit of a rant in the end but u get my drift....right? :D

Tags: Add Tags