1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by D3s3rt_F0x, 26 Mar 2009.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Right thought I'd get a discussion thread going on games for the iPhone & iPod Touch.

So what games are good & bad? Both free and paid for.

I've only recently got my phone and am limited to Ronaldo Lite, TapDefense and iDracula, but can definately recommend iDracula so far.

I was also looking at Amatuer surgeon, does ayone have this or know if its any good? Or do you have any other games you could recommend?

2. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

The most addictive game on my touch is "LightBike Free", its a Tron rip off, definatly worth downloading!

3. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

Sorry I cant remember if these games were paid for or free but a quick search on the App store will fix that.

Monkey Ball (paid) - If you played the previous monkey ball you'll love this. Tilt the iPhone/iTouch to roll a monkey in a ball to collect bananas and towards a goal. Great fun but frustrating when on public transportation, the rough ride always annoys me.

BiiBall (free) - Reminds me of monkey ball, smilar premise, roll a ball and fire and targets to clear your path.

Cube runner (free) - Again use your tilt to guide a plane to dodge obstacles. I think this was one of the earliest games for the Iphone iTouch and I still find this challenging.

Sim City (paid) - Brilliant port of the sim, the tap interface is done brilliantly. Im hooked on this whereever i can work on my city I will, so far im on year 2200!

Topple (free) - Stack tetris like shaped objects to reach a certain height. Use multitouch to rotate and tilt to stop your pile from falling. Good but can get boring.

Time crisis lite (free) - My fav so far. I think this is a conversion of the original time crisis on the ps1, thourghly love this as I love have time crisis 2 & 3 at home. Will be purchasing the full version soon. Oh its a light gun shooter, so tap to fire at the bad guys!

4. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Just downloaded it, my new fav too lol:thumb:

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no one mentioned Fieldrunner??

Rolando, Zombies Attack, Tiki Tower (similar to World of Goo), Trism

here are all my games, most are a bit old, didn't try out newer games due to already got an older alternative. (first 2 lines are free games)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Bookworm and Rogue Touch are good

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

rolando is a brilliant game, as is bejeweld 2 i also have hold em, touch physics and trace.. bejeweled is what i play most

8. mushky

mushky gimme snails

There's not much that has been able to hold my interest for long. I've paid for quite a few games but get bored of them very quickly.

virtual pool is done well on iphone
    idracula is fun for a bit and free
    blocked is good
    monkey ball done well
    I'd like to get puzzle quest on my phone but I can't bring myself to buy it yet again. might do though, it's awesome

9. davidfield375

davidfield375 Hardware Mods

really need to get an Ipod touch...ever since the gadget show voted it the numero uno portable games console "shocker"....I have a PSP and only ever used is when I go on holiday. There are a few decent games available on the PSP but I feel it can never be a fully fledged console and thus should stick to more user friendly games like the DS and Ipod.

10. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Wolfenstein.

Oh, and iDracula is good too.

11. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

jailbreak+scummvm!

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

there's an exact same Wolfenstein on Cydia, said to have re-compiled the original Wolfenstein sourcecode, and it's available for free.

speaking of iPhone apps, here's a good one: Winulous

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I only go through the free iPod Touch games. Paying? Psshh, I'll stick with trials, as I haven't found any free games that I reckon I'd get hooked enough to make it worth paying.