1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Is it possible to be more stupid? Well is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Dec 2012.

1. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

Accidentally dropped my new Japanese kitchen knife but managed to catch it before it hit the ground.... Carefully removed new Japanese kitchen knife from the deep cut in my thumb where I'd caught the corner of the blade near the handle. Said many bad words.

Had been soldering bits of brass together for a project and added some copper bits. Forgetting just how conductive copper is I was holding the piece of copper about 50-60mm from where I was soldering and promptly burnt my finger tips. Later on in a different project, for the same reason, found when doing one last solder joint that took a bit longer than usual, all the nearby joints suddenly fell apart. More bad words ensued.

MANY years ago, I was setting up lights for a school function and was perched on the frame of a basketball backboard attaching a light to the board when I managed to put my finger in the socket and the obvious occurred. I managed not to fall of the frame, but got a good whack in the arm. I learned that lights aren't usually switched on both poles and that the panel was on! Also said bad word, loudly, which given it was at school caused much amusement. As the class nerd, it was the last thing anyone expected of me.

I've had a few more "encounters" with mains AC so I'm probably lucky to still be around. Also a few more when I've tried to catch things I shouldn't have tried to catch. It's a bad habit!

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I can heartily recommend not pissing on an electric fence. :nono:

It didn't hurt where you'd think either, it felt like someone had fired a cannonball into the small of my back. My poor mate who was standing behind me was promptly floored by my savage right hook before I realised with horror what had actually happened and that he hadn't actually touched me. :blush:

I don't know if it can be classed as stupid because I had no idea it was an electric fence, but I always check where my stream is aiming when relieving myself in the wild nowadays.

3. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

When I was a kid, we were living in Germany as my dad was in the Armed Forces. We had gone out for the day with my parents and they had to go into their bank to arrange a mortgage for my gran's house as they were buying it. My brother and I were sat in the car and I thought it would be a good idea to push in the cigarette lighter in the car. It popped out and, thinking it would not be hot, decided to test it with the tip of my left index finger. The pain was not pleasant and I had ever decreasing circles of charred skin on my finger for days afterwards...

4. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

I've also managed to slice off the tips of 2 fingers whilst using a scalpel to cut paper up....

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

A friend of mine, against my best advice, thought it would be fine to change a lightbulb with the lighting still switched on.

Needless to say two seconds later we were skipping over exploded glass on a darkened pilgrimage to the fuse box.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I actually did that about three months ago (I'm 30, you'd think I'd know better :sigh:)

Couldn't work out why my cigarette wasn't lighting and the lighter wasn't glowing so I placed my index finger on it. Whilst driving at 80 on the motorway. So I understand the mystical circles of which you speak.

jrduquemin likes this.
  7. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

My dad did that when he was on exercise with the Army. He said it was the worst pain he's ever experienced in his life, that and cutting off the end of his finger when someone slammed a tank hatch on his hand...

8. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I used to work doing high temp soldering with hydrogen and oxygen torches. We made lamps for lazers. Anyway more than once I have found the torch a very effective and painfull way to take all the hair off your arm and anything you put in that flame stays hot for a long time and you can melt steal and many other things with it.

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

God I know what you mean those things are heavy just like my old 101 was I have an ft900 at now whats your callsign then obsidian matey we may have had a qso at some time

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yes it possible to be more stupid.

Just nipped out to the ATM and buy my morning paper. Always have the MP3 player plugged into my ears if when walking. Withdrew some cash popped into the newsagents to get the paper, removed one earpeice to hear.if anything, the girl behind the counter said. Walked out of the shop and fumbled around for the earpeice to stick it back into my ear.Could not find it and was just about to remove my jacket when low and behold i found it.

Yes it was in my ear all the time. I think they call this sort of behavior a senior moment or worse.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Yesterday jumped in car went to local shop for eggs. Spent lots of money got home... Forgot eggs.

Sent from my bunker

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I fell over backwards while carrying a Belfast sink into a house, three cracked ribs and lots of bruises from that one

13. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

MM0MRU, I think we might have.

I also have a Marconi CR100/2, which doesn't weigh as much but is still heavy. It would take a long time to list all the different rigs I have, I'm starting to rival some of the dealers for selection...

I've remembered something really stupid that I did. The end fell off the poker whilst I was using it, and once I got it it out the fire what do you think I did?

Cheers
    Enterobsidian