1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Is this screen any good? (Goodbytes?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hamfunk, 14 May 2014.

1. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

AOC Q2770PQU 27" Widescreen LED Monitor

A friend is looking for an upgrade and as I have a 2410 i suggested something along the dell IPS line 24 or 27inch. He has been recommended the above elsewhere, so the question to you Bit-tech is - Is it any good? Anyone have one?

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The AOC monitor looks great. There isn't any in depth monitor review to really know if it has any issue, but I am sure you look at some user reviews. It has fully adjustable stand, essential connectors like DisplayPort and dual-link DVI, IPS (don't know exactly which IPS panel it is, or if it's a true 8-bit or not panel). So in that regard it is overall good.

However, is it better than the U2410? Yes it is a higher resolution screen, so obviously it is better. And, as it is newer monitor, it is for sure has faster internals so lower input lag. However, would the colors be better? No. It does use white LED backlight. So it could be not too bad, of a nice blue tint, all depending on which white LED back light they use.

The lack of in depth reviews makes it hard for me to answer you. It depends on what is more important to you.

If you want an upgrade, then look at the Dell UP2414Q.
    -> GB-LED backlight
    -> IPS panel
    -> true 8-bit panel
    -> Color processor with the whole kit
    -> 24inch
    -> 4K resolution goodness at 60Hz (over DisplayPort)
    -> non glossy and fully adjustable stand.
    -> color calibrated like the U2410

It is a higher resolution AND you stay with the same level of color reproduction based on specs (still no in depth review to confirm). Input lag would definitely be high as internals aren't fast enough (high input lag) for managing 4K. My guess is that it would float around the same as the U2410 under sRGB or Adobe RGB mode, or a bit slower.

Downside.. expensive. And you need some serious performance to drive games at 4K... But you can play games at 1080p, as 4K 16:9 is 4x 1080p.

4. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

The Dell UP2414Q monitor look amazing! If I could afford it and a second Radeon R9 280X then I'd totally be gaming at 4K!

Here's to dreaming... :rock:

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yup, that Dell UP2414Q is lovely!!! WANT!

Anyway he's gone with the 27" AOC will report back if it turns out to be complete crap.

Thanks for the responses guys!

6. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

In comparison to that Dell, all other 24-27" monitors are poop. Hail the 4K master!

Tags: