1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iTunes Plus songs drop to regular iTunes price

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 17 Oct 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

It's THAN damn it!

I will however say that the reduction in price can really only be seen as a good thing :)

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Hmm, My iTunes infested machine hasn't seen use in quite a while. I may fire it up and have a look. Still, since my Nano's screen broke I haven't looked back with much interest.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

unless you are those guys that were pressing itunes to increase the price of their music.....

5. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I'm with Phil.. no way I'd pay to download MP3's at the current price.. I'd much rather get the whole CD-booklet deal if I'm paying for it .. then I can rip it however I choose and as many times as I choose.

6. dom_

dom_ --->

Indeed, this is the problem until the price falls lower than CD, why bother?
    With a cd i can rip it at lossless and still keep the cd, case and booklet.

I can never see it catching properly (as in over taking cd) until they lower the price 30/40% below cd.

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

You can also get cd's pretty cheap off ebay, like £5, and then rip them to your computer at whatever quality you feel like

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think that is illegal....

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i like Shoutcast radio.....

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

why would that be illegal? please, elucidate.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i remember reading this on CDs, that you could not re-sell them.... its kind of right... they did not sell you the music, they sold you the right to hear the music, you cant resell that right..... i think..... anyway it is bad for business.

and considering the current "sue-everyone-that-has-the-radio-on-in-any-public-place" scenario....

12. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

If it actually was a dollar a song, that'd be OK - you could buy the two songs off any album that're any good, and save greatly on buying the rest. The problem is that it won't be a dollar in the UK, will it...

Phil

13. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I will not buy any DRM infected music, the price drop to 99c is good though. I got 5 free songs via a coke promo and those songs randomly stop working on my iPod and all the others still work fine. DRM is bad.
    If I were to buy music online I would pay about $0.40 - $0.50 NZD or half the price of the CD.

14. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

beat me to it. it's in there at least twice too.

The fact that Apple have relented heartens me, though I doubt I'll ever get an iPod.

15. miatacole

miatacole What's a Dremel?

Now if Apple would unblock all the songs we've already paid for, that would make our day. LOL

16. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I doubt it. Then every second hand CD/Record shop would be illegal and they certainly aren't.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

thats what people say about hearing to a radio transmission in a public place were anyone can hear it, and it is apparently illegal according to the RIAA..... i think

edit: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=140489&highlight=radio+hairdresser

"The PRS claimed that Kwik-Fit mechanics routinely use personal radios while working at service centres across the UK and that music, protected by copyright, could be heard by colleagues and customers."

Last edited: 19 Oct 2007
Tags: Add Tags