1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ITX Anonymous Club

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arboreal, 11 Jun 2016.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

At least @Goatee wasn't asking you mate, that'd be a whole different kettle of small form factor pics. :p

Goatee and Arboreal like this.
  2. adidan

Nice although i think you could have cut a smidge more off the cable tie excess there mate. :happy:

Moar pics pls. Not seen colour psu cables like that for a while.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Not guilty your honour, that was on it when I bought it. It really has to come off so that I can pass the 24 wires through the (almost non existent...) cable cutout flat rather than bunched

Them cableses, who needs RGB lighting? I was hoping to wrap them, but there's no room. Maybe black paint / marker / vinyl dye... Sub heading - Adventures in Flex ATX PSU land. My SFX PSU looks silly big by comparison!

All in good time for pics, I need to take it all apart tomorrow and start again from scratch, as I need it in bits to route fan cables and the PCIe riser and a power switch if there's room...

The case itself is work of art / nightmare, as it's 222 x 181 x 111 mm!

David, Goatee and adidan like this.
  4. adidan

Tease.

Blimey that's a dinky old case. Sounds small enough that you could lose it if you sat on it by mistake.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

If you can lose 4.4L up there, you should maybe take up a new career as a contraband smuggler....

David, adidan and Arboreal like this.
  6. adidan

Don't be ridiculous - have you seen the travel ban list?

David, Arboreal and Goatee like this.
  7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Well if your struggling for space due to having to mask it up first, then you could try carrying my travel case in the old prison wallet. Its only 4L (sorry @Arboreal) so will be banging around in there. :D
    [​IMG]

adidan and Arboreal like this.
  8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is that a Velka?

9. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

I forgot pc building was so hard on the knees...

Finally got my NR200P built. Managed to get the cables semi-routed, but damn those evga sfx cables are solid and a pain in the arse to get tidy. Definitely asking santa for a Silverstone with some short cables...

Initial feedback is good, though I can see where the money was saved. The only real issue I have is the really long usb 3 cable is silly. There must be a better way.

I did manage to get 2x140mm fans in the bottom between the floor and the gpu with an adapter, but there not enough space even with a genuine 2 slot card to run them as they foul the gpu fans (at least they did with my Gigabyte Windforce 2080ti). Maybe if I sanded the adapters a bit I would get the clearance, but for now I'll slum it with 120mm fans

Temps look OK (55c load on the cpu, 75c load on the gpu) and noise is good, but then again all 6 fans are plugged into a commander pro so I can tune them tomorrow if I need to. The extra airflow compared to the Nano S is immediately evident.

All in all, I like it a lot. Definitely smaller than the Define Nano S I had (well still do) and bar the build and cabling fun, it's a good case to work with and very good value all in.

Full specs are
    i7 9700k
    Corsair 240mm aio (side mounted)
    Gigabyte Aorus Z390
    Evga 650w (less said about the cables the better)
    Gigabyte 2080ti Windforce (non-OC horizontal mount)
    2x nvme
    2x SSD
    6x 120mm fans
    Commander Pro

adidan, Goatee and Arboreal like this.
  10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Is a ZS-A4DC - Its full aluminium, shrunk Chinese dan case clone (hence the A4 in the name) that supports an LP gpu (I have a GDDR6 1650 in there) along with a flex PSU.

Here is a gallery of the case from someone else: https://imgur.com/r/sffpc/d0kfhsM

adidan likes this.
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Got some pictures?

Arboreal likes this.
  12. adidan

That looks like not much bigger than an ATX PSU.

Hm, a PC in a PSU.... * Ponders *

13. Arboreal

I Woz robbed! I wonder if he’s used the old 4L ‘internal dimensions’ trick...
    The 1050Ti is running with an 80mm Redux fan jammed between the heat sink and side panel, with 2 fan screws locating it in the top heat sink slot!

I was hoping to fold with it quietly in the corner, but the 40mm PSU fan says otherwise. Without the 1050Ti loaded up it’s quiet. The poor Flex PSU has 20mm or so of breathing room.
    Maybe it will need a non solid front panel with 2 92mm thin Noctuas running slowly on it. That could be somewhere around v2 ;)

14. Arboreal

it’s been done at least twice on SFFN...

adidan likes this.
  15. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

What FLEX PSU are you using?

I'm using one of these and its silent at around 140W

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seasonic...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

16. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

Hopefully this works.
    Terrible lighting, and black on black doesn't help, but it gets the point across. Not going to do a top down shot as you wouldn't be able to see much anyway

IMG_20200822_101331_compress44.jpg

[​IMG]
    IMG_20200822_101354_compress93.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Aug 2020
    Goatee and Arboreal like this.
  17. adidan

Oh I can imagine, will have to have a goosey over there too.

18. Arboreal

Do have a look, it's the other community I like for PC building and mods. There are a number of us from here on there too!

I did look at the Seasonic*, but as advised that the FSP 270W was better... I bought this one as some of the others on the bay were only 20 pin.

*Ha, I bought my ITX setup from the place you linked to, and was tempted to get that Seasonic for a while.

The case is obvs a sandwich design, would it be worth making the 80mm fan on the GPU and extractor to get the heat out?

After I've done some manual labour in the garden**, I'll be in to document the MT4S case build.

**The garden office has been put back again. 7th of Sept now, a month late. SWMBO isn't happy about it.
    The base is down, but needs more air clearance under the frame, and maybe a small shingle soakaway.

19. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

David likes this.
  20. Arboreal

Thanks @meandmymouth for posting about the ML10.

Nice job you did there with the USB3. Usually they're way too long and have a real fight to find places to lose the extra thick and unyielding cable.

Do you have some more general pics?