1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jack Thompson hates BioShock adverts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Aug 2007.

1. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i just think Wresting (the fake stupid ones like WWF or WWE) shouldnt be "targeted to children under 17 years of age" to begin with. Whats Jack's smoking?

just like the other post said, real violence is OK but virtual violence should be removed....

err....

god now i just wish Jackie would show up in Canada somewhere so i can share a little piece of my fist mind....

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's only really kids who watch it though

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Funny how some people get sensitive about adverts like this, when children have been allowed to play with toy guns, from very early in life. How may of us lads have played cowboys and indians, with toy hand guns that fired caps? I would say the vast majority.

Playing with "fire arms" is deemed suitable to us from an early age. Bit late in the day to start getting in a hissy fit over something virtual. I don't know, maybe old jacky boy was given dolls as a child and this is his way of working through his personal issues.:rolleyes:

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

crying about a violent game that is advertised on a violent wrestling match...... righttttt........ jack my friend, please tell me what you smoke so i can avoid it.

so true :D

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I agree Bungle. We dont want to give kids the wrong impression at an ealry stage in life :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_FQJkunEDI

Is that what we should show kids Jack??

Last edited: 20 Aug 2007
  6. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I disagree. Tons of college age (and over) peolpe watch it. I only started watching when I was 18.. but lost interest in it after college.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The reason why Jack has chosen to be an arse about everything is because the constitution bans preventing people from watching/playing something due to age, which is what was discussed in another thread because in the US games and movies have guidance ratings, not legally enforceable ratings so you can't fine it.

Wrestling glorifies violence and shouldn't be shown before the watershed, but again, it's against the beliefs of americans.

8. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Well atleast im not the only one

I dont really think this is right, if the games rated, 18 - or whatever, then thats who it should be sold to
    I mean bloody hell half the adverts out there are so "sexual" (or however u describe it) the women may aswell not be wearing clothes atall

But a bit of fake blood and gore isnt ok ? the worlds going crazy

9. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Who really cares what JT thinks, he hasn't had one credible claim in his whole nazi anti-gaming crusade.

10. TNash

TNash What's a Dremel?

Yeah, my roomate at college is an insane wrestling fan and by some act against the laws of nature got me to watch it too.

Also...is there anything Jack Thompson doesn't hate?

11. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I like Jack Thompson, every time he moans about something it makes me laugh. It's always a good start to what would otherwise be a dull day at work reading about his whinging.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well, here in the UK it's only really boys aged from around 6 to 16 who watch stuff like WWE, I don't know anyone older than that who watch it here apart from the odd die hard fan.

13. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

It's Called being a parent.

Your kid, your problem and only you can solve it.
    there is no aspect in this that requires governmental regulation.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

There is when the parents don't parent. It's called not taking responsibility.

15. naokaji

naokaji whatever

wtb certificate for being parents...

j/k

16. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

It pains me to say it, but there's some truth here in this instance. I'm not saying they are all bad parents, that wouldn't be fair, it's just I think a lot turn a blind eye because they don't "get" it (Gaming that is). After all, in the fun and games that is trying to raise kids and get on with family life what computer games they play might seem like small potatoes.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

why can't they just call violent games "modern art"? If something is classified as art it seems to get away with anything.

Oh, and a parent certificate sounds like a GREAT idea!

Tags: Add Tags