1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals jerky/unresponsive mouse

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by whiterook6, 13 Oct 2011.

1. whiterook6

whiterook6 What's a Dremel?

Hi

I have a wireless mouse that performs flawlessly on my laptop, but it almost unusable on my new computer due to the unresponsiveness of the pointer. I think the computer isn't lagging or stuttering because the keyboard still responds (scrolling, typing) while the pointer is frozen. It's a basic Microsoft wireless mouse, so how can it work so differently between two computers? The only real difference is the new computer, on which the mouse doesn't work, is 64-bit.

2. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

do windows update, i have a Microsoft mouse and in the last month there has been 2 driver updates for it.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Make sure the sensor is closer to the mouse. Interference might cause the problem (wireless phone, wireless routers, for example). Remember that, these device aren't limited by your walls and floor. If you live around many people... than this could cause a problem.

To solve this issue, trying a different wireless mouse with it's own receiver (of course), might solve the problem. Basically a different mouse can have a more powerful receiver and transmitter system (usually not the cheap wireless mouses, not laptops ones, due to the mouse and receiver power saving features), or different signal encryption.

4. whiterook6

whiterook6 What's a Dremel?

I'll try with another mouse, but I have reservations about the interference thing because this same mouse works with my laptop, which is always putting out interference in the same 2.4 band. I have also tried the front panel USB for the receiver instead of the rear, and I didn't notice an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yea but the mouse receiver is closer to the mouse on your laptop, than on your desktop. Try putting the laptop on top of your desktop tower, and use your mouse at the other edge of the room (should still work)

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i had a customer who ditched her cordless mouse, because her wireless adaptor was causing interference and stopping if from working.