1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Kobalt G860 Laptop Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 12 Jan 2010.

1. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

my clevo, bought refurbished has been running fine for 3yrs and its on basically 24/7 (aside from a few hiccups that were resolved by aplying artic silver 5)

2. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the lack of proof-reading going on in some of the articles.
    From the first page alone:-
    I'm not expecting perfection, but I do expect more than this...

Aside from that, I have to say I've been very happy with my Kobalt laptop.
    I bought a Nexus ages ago and it's never been far from my side since.
    Excellent customer service from Kobalt when I needed it.
    My Nexus is a Clevo chassis and I dropped it off the arm of the sofa onto a hardwood floor while running Batman:AA just yesterday and no problems.
    Didn't even crash.
    Though I suspect the fact I've replaced the HDD with an SSD since I got it may have helped. :)

Overall, an excellent laptop backep up by excellent support. :)

3. geordieric

geordieric What's a Dremel?

I ordered one of these back in November and still waiting on complete delivery of the product. 2 months on which to me is BEYOND A JOKE from what was expected to be a 3 week delivery. 3 delays, an incomplete delivery and the fact they are extremely unreliable in answering the phone i have wasted whole days calling them this is not reassuring when you gave the company over 2500 gbp so long ago. the whole experience has been disappointing and I cant believe I'll have to use them for support

4. Neoplasmic

Neoplasmic What's a Dremel?

Well i bought a G860 from Kobalt just under 3 weeks ago and i received it yesterday, and i must say i am seriously impressed with the machine and service i have recieved. I had previously pre-ordered an Alienware M15x, but it took them 3 months to come back to me and tell me that my system was still not ready! I was familiar with Kobalt after reading about their dream pc entry, then when i saw this review i cancelled with Alienware and came to kobalt and i don't regret my decision at all.

5. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I think there's the option to specify the mobility 5870 now on Kobalt's website.
    Is the 5870 really good?
    I can't seem to find any reviews online worth looking at...
    Contemplating replacing my nexus with the new 15" with the 5870...

Tags: Add Tags