1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Kodi problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by onemaddude, 12 Jun 2016.

1. onemaddude

onemaddude Minimodder

I have been searching thro Kodis forum but can't seem to find an answer so I will ask here, as I'm not a member of Kodi
    First a little background
    Yesterday I clone my drive for Kodi (I wanted a bigger drive) and that went fine, switched it over powered up and everything looked fine, it changed the drive to the new one and rebooted still working fine, partitioned the extra space and everything seemed fine.
    Then later when I came to watch TV on it, I clicked TV followed by channels and there was no channel list just two dot (Parent directory) which do nothing, but if I go to guide the channels are all listed and can be watched.
    So this morning I changed the drive back as it was the only thing I changed and it has the same problem.
    It is very doubt full there is a virus/malware as its not connected to any network - unless someone has worked out a way to send a virus over the TV signal in which case we are all up that creak ;)
    Does anyone have any idea how to fix (besides reinstall as its a reconditioned machine without recovery media) Almost forgot its a Dell which i can't read the full model (its worn away) but ends 210, Win7 pro 32bit with 3gb of ram

Everything was fine until last night, I used EaseUS_DiskCopy_Home to make a boot disk to do the clone

2. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Do you have a PVR addon for a TV tuner to receive TV channels. I break Kodi constantly by changing settings on my tv tuner, to recover I usually go to the Live TV menu in settings and turn off the 'enable' radio button, then click 'clear data' option beneath it and re-enable live tv. After this the add on usually rescans all my tv channels and guide.

3. onemaddude

onemaddude Minimodder

I have it configured to use WMC Server, as its still on Win7. When it happened I tried clearing the data and retuning with media centre with no joy. I have also tried a couple of other backends but they wouldnt even reach the config screen. Also I have reverted to the previous version as the laest had several other porblems - no picture when starting with windows, no picture when playing videos but di have sound or a picture flashing on and off every second

4. onemaddude

onemaddude Minimodder

Another update.
    Yesterday I uninstalled it - went thro registry all data folders and totally wiped it, then reinstalled
    and....
    It got WORSE now there is not guide showing, but if you go thro the view options it will eventually list the channels but half are missing and they have the wrong numbers.
    So later I am going to put a different drive in and re build from the ground up

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

That sounds like the best idea to me - I've had very varying results with cloning drives in the past. I've made it work like twice ever and that was with a hellova lot of fiddling and in both of those cases it probably would have just been quicker to reinstall from scratch.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Get a Raspi and run it on that, the power saving should easily cover the cost?

7. onemaddude

onemaddude Minimodder

Already used a Pi (old model B after the ram upgrade) but wouldn't play most of my files.
    Anyway - rebuilt last night, set it all up again and
    I'm back to were this post started.
    Goto TV, channels and theres no list just the two dots (..) go to guide and theres all the channels.
    Also not mentioned before if I go Videos, files instead of going to the files area I get a box with "Sourecs://videos/" and a cancel click box. if I click it i got to the videos then have to select files, but music doen't do this it goes to the files.

Currently I think I will just live with it as its not a major problem, just a little annoying
    Thanks to everyone tho